Ignore a product when calculating shipping

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #106290 by Steven J
I use the USPS and UPS shipping plugins. I have one product that I want to list with a price that includes the shipping cost (e.g., I don't want EShop to compute and charge an additional shipping fee for this item)? Is it possible for EShop to ignore this item when calculating shipping cost? Because I need EShop to collect the shipping address during checkout, I cannot simply select "Require Shipping?" to No.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #107386 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Ignore a product when calculating shipping
Hello Steven,

Can you please go to edit that product, under Data tab, at Require Shipping choose No and test again?

Sincerely, Giang

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #107399 by Steven J
Replied by Steven J on topic Ignore a product when calculating shipping
That doesn't work for my purposes. With "Require Shipping" set to "No," the checkout page skip over the Shipping Address at Step 3. Because this product is a physical product that I simply don't want to charge a separate shipping fee for, I still need to collect the shipping address.

Another way of looking at a price that is inclusive of shipping is to somehow assign free shipping to these (and only these) products. Does the Free Shipping Plugin allow me to do this?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #107431 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Ignore a product when calculating shipping
Hello Steven,

I suggested you to set the Require Shipping to No only for that product, not for whole of your store.

If it does not also work for your purpose, then it maybe require to customize to EShop or shipping plugins to meet your requirement. If you want to go ahead, please communicate with me via ticket system.

Sincerely, Giang

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #107446 by Steven J
Replied by Steven J on topic Ignore a product when calculating shipping
This is how I tried it which does not work for my purpose. If the item with Require Shipping set to No is the only item in the cart, Step 3 (Shipping Address, which I need to collect) is omitted at checkout.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #107558 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Steven,

Then seem your purpose is outstanding. If you need any customization, please contact me via ticket system.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong