Can the currenCategory show on Product Detail page

• Gordon Hiebert
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #107414 by Gordon Hiebert
I am hoping I can get a link to the current Category showing at the top of the product details page, so that a viewer can just click on that to get back to a listing of product in the current category. Just seems to make sense, maybe it is already a feature but I have missed it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #107432 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Can the currenCategory show on Product Detail page
Hello Gordon,

Why don't you setup the menu items to link to the category pages in EShop? Then use Breadcrumb module to display the link?

Sincerely, Giang

• Gordon Hiebert
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #107448 by Gordon Hiebert
Replied by Gordon Hiebert on topic Can the currenCategory show on Product Detail page
Ah. of course. If you had done this within eShop it would have just replicated what Joomla already does.

I did have breadcrumbs enabled, but they were not showing in the current template I was trying, so I was not even thinking along that line. Once they were assigned to a viable position though, they appeared, and of course it solves this completely.
The best answer is often the simplest, right? Thanks.

Oh, just a note to those of us like me who only configure Joomla occasionally, when you add a category to the main menu you have to make sure to assign that page in the breadcrumbs module or you will not see the trail. :-)
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Gordon Hiebert.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #107557 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Can the currenCategory show on Product Detail page
Hi again Gordon,

Once you setup the menu properly, you must not assign anything in the breadcrumbs module. The breadcrumb module find and show the items automatically based on the menu and EShop extension.

Just let m know if you need any other helps.

Sincerely, Giang

• Gordon Hiebert
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #107586 by Gordon Hiebert
Replied by Gordon Hiebert on topic Can the currenCategory show on Product Detail page
Oh, OK, I had not noticed that characteristic before. It is all functioning as it should though, thanks. Already had an online sale a few days after setting this up.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #107748 by Giang Dinh Truong
Congratulation Gordon!

I am happy that your site is online now. Hope that you will get success with it.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong