Tax setup

• Brentwood Visual
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #107715 by Brentwood Visual
Tax setup was created by Brentwood Visual
I'm trying to wrap my head around the correct tax setup. We're in the United States, in California. We need to charge tax for in-state customers, and no tax for out of state customers. However, customers in one of our user groups are not charged tax.

So:
  • In-State normal user: taxable
  • In-State reseller group: non-taxable
  • Out of State all users: non-taxable

What I'm trying to accomplish is tax calculation based solely on address, without having to assign user groups (we have several which apply to both in-state and out of state users). The in-state reseller group would obviously have to be assigned a separate 0% tax rate.

Can you give me some guidance as to whether it's possible to create tax classes without assigning user groups? So far I'm only getting it to work when I specifically assign groups to the class.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #107750 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Tax setup
Hello Brentwood,

Thank you for submitting the question here. However, I am a bit confused about your problem. In EShop, the tax rate must be assigned to a specific customer group. So you simply create 2 customer groups: Normal and Re-seller, after that create the tax rate and assign it only to Normal customer group, it should work as your expect.

Hope that this is useful.

Sincerely, Giang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong