• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #110809 by Chris Jarvis
Product Quantity Numbers was created by Chris Jarvis
Hello

I am wanting to have products in the shop that don't need to have stock quantity numbers against them.
Is this possible at all?
I have read through the documentation and might not be understanding things correctly but when i try to set a product without any quantity it doesn't show to buy the product in the front end.

If I add a stock quantity to a product then it is available to purchase and the quantity goes down by 1 each time a sale goes through.

I didn't want to have to worry about managing my stock levels in the shop as we always have items stocked but I also didn't want to just put a large quantity in for customers to see.

Is it possible to have no quantity value and still for sale or is it possible to hide the quantity available to customers on the front end?

Thanks as always

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #111747 by Clifton Murphy
Replied by Clifton Murphy on topic Product Quantity Numbers
yes and yes....As you can see on my site, there are no quantity numbers shown to customers, They can checkout even if the stock in the product edit data tab = 0, And when a product has Quantity = 0 on the data tab, they can still checkout with it with no warnings.

as an example see here: www.funnybugbees.com/hive-components/hiv...ned-inner-hive-cover

To do this i set the following config options:

Configuration > Option > Products > Hide Out Of Stock Products = No
Configuration > Option > Stock > Display Stock = Yes
Configuration > Option > Stock > Show out of stock warning = No
Configuration > Option > Stock > Stock Checkout = Yes
Configuration > Option > Stock > Out of Stock Status = In Stock

Then in each of your products, on the "Data" tab make sure "Stock Checkout = Yes"

Clifton Murphy - Owner
Funny Bug Bees And Wood Works
252-933-4840
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Clifton Murphy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Jarvis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong