Import Pro

• Remco van Triest
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago #112819 by Remco van Triest
Import Pro was created by Remco van Triest
I am using Eshop>System>Exports to export Categories, Products and try to import them into another Eshop store with Import Pro, it tells import was 'successful' but nothing is imported.

What are the recommended settings to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 1 week ago #113113 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Import Pro
Hello Remco,

If you want to move EShop data from one website to the new website, then please read about how to do it at eshopdocs.joomservices.com/getting-start...m-old-site-to-a-new- ...

Hope that this is useful.

Sincerely, Giang

• Remco van Triest
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 days ago #113191 by Remco van Triest
Replied by Remco van Triest on topic Import Pro
I am disappointed, to be honest. I purchased Import Pro to do this for me. Export products, Categories etc. I can export it from the old EShop as an Excel .cvs but then I can do nothing with at all ??

So tell me then what does Import Pro do then.. if it cannot import the .cvs files

Move data from old site to a new site
Sometime, you have to move EShop data from old site to a new site. Following are step to do that properly:

Please make sure that you are using the same version of EShop on both of sites. The best way is upgrade EShop to the latest on both of sites.
Export all EShop related database tables from the old site via phpmyadmin to a sql file (table with #__eshop prefix).
Open that sql file in a text editor (Example Notepad++), use "Find and Replace" function of the text editor to find and replace all table prefix so that it meets the table prefix of the new site (in case your old site and new site use different database table prefix).
Import the sql file to the database of new site (via phpmyadmin). After that, if EShop in the new site is not latest version, please update it to the latest version.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #113783 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Import Pro
Hello Remco,

EShop Import Pro is always used to import data from Excel file into EShop. You can export the data to CSV file, then prepare the Excel file from that file to import into EShop.

If you simply just need to move data from one website to new website, then use the way that I guided in the documentation.

Just submit a new ticket to EShop if you need any other helps.

If you don't use EShop Import Pro tool any more, I will refund the money to you. That's no problem.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong