Virtuemart migration - shipping issues

• Alison
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #116099 by Alison
Hi Giang
I have a VM shop that is working well for me at present, but I am concerned about Joomla 4. I wanted to migrate and have been looking at eShop or changing to Woocommerce; being a Joomla fan I thought I would prefer to stay with eShop if I can.

1. I used the migration assistant, and it brings a lot of info over; the problem I have is that almost all of my 450+ products need shipping, and it seems that for a shipping option to show up on the front-end, I have to go into each migrated product and edit them all individually on the data tab to achieve this. I would have thought that a product with a weight or physical dimension would automatically default toward needing a shipping option. Is there an efficient way to achieve this without manually going into each product to flag them as requiring shipping?

2. I also have tried to configure some shipping for my requirements, and think I will manage using copies of the various shipping plugins (I need a different Value for my general public customers (default) than my wholesale customers (B2B) defined as groups. I tried the postcode plugin but am not sure how the syntax works and whether I can include a range of codes per price - there doesn't seem to be any documentation about this.
e.g. 1|0001-2999/4000-4999/6120-6999:59|3000-3999/5000-6119:129| for zone 1 default customers in Plugin 1
and then repeat that in a Plugin 2 with the different minimum total and prices
e.g. 1|0001-2999/4000-4999/6120-6999:99|3000-3999/5000-6119:199| for zone 1 B2B customers.
Is that shipping cost rule syntax correct?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alison
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #116150 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Virtuemart migration - shipping issues
Update: I have, for the first query about the shipping status of the imported products, found a way via the batch processing of the products that takes care of this more efficiently, thanks - it should be ok.

Just would really appreciate if you can comment on the setup code for the postal codes shipping method, please.

Regards
Alison

More
5 years 8 months ago #116471 by Abhidada Mishra
Replied by Abhidada Mishra on topic Virtuemart migration - shipping issues
we have multi social media services and we sure that we have boosted couple of company and products world wide. we work with many country people and company. and we are happy to share with you that we have been successfully provided geniune services. So contact us and try to join us and see the result. buy indian youtube views

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong