manual link to add a product to the shopping cart

• Peter Batchelor
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #153069 by Peter Batchelor
manual link to add a product to the shopping cart was created by Peter Batchelor
I need a way of making links on a standard Joomla! page that will add products to the shopping cart. The client wants this to be something that could be added to the ordinary text displayed within an article.
Is this possible?
Thanks, Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #153079 by Patrick Toulze
Replied by Patrick Toulze on topic manual link to add a product to the shopping cart
I’m not affiliated with Joomdonation

Did You try (I never...) the EShop Product Plugin
Documentation
—>  eshopdocs.joomservices.com/plugins-and-t...eshop-product-plugin

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Patrick Toulze.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giang Dinh Truong, Peter Batchelor

• Peter Batchelor
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #153091 by Peter Batchelor
Replied by Peter Batchelor on topic manual link to add a product to the shopping cart
Hi Patrick,
Yes, I have tried using the product plugin. That was my first thought, but my client just wants to be able to have links in the text that will let people add products to the cart, rather than something that shows all of the details and an image for each product.

More
1 year 9 months ago #153107 by Patrick Toulze
Replied by Patrick Toulze on topic manual link to add a product to the shopping cart
I never try the plugin myself, my first thought is that this plugin probably link to a eshop layout file that put together whatever you see showing in the article. You probably have to find that file and make an override that will show only what you need. I let Joomdonation answer you, they maybe have a simplest way to do that?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago #153119 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic manual link to add a product to the shopping cart
Hello Peter and Patrick,

Yes, EShop Product plugin allow to display full of product details page in a Joomla article. In the case that Peter just need to display an Add to Cart button, then it requires to customize to the plugin I think.

Please submit a new ticket to EShop so I can help.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong