tax

More
1 year 6 months ago #154649 by Alain
tax was created by Alain
Hello,
I have the following question regarding tax. I sell courses, book and e-books.

Books are 0% tax for all customers.

E-books are 0% tax, except for EU-customers. Electronic books have special tax rates that differ per EU country (and which are sometimes different from those in your euvat.php).

Courses follow the EU tax rules....and have the same rates that are in your euvat.php

How do I set this up? I have played around with tax rates, tax classes, etc. And I enabled the EU tax rules as described here:
eshopdocs.joomservices.com/system-manage/taxes#eu-vat-rules

But is it possible to do what I want, i.e.
A. Books....no tax.
B. E-books: different tax rates per EU country (but non-removable, even if a valid EU tax number is provided).
C. Courses: Following your EU tax plugin.

In other words: If B....then don't allow the customer to remove tax (even if a valid EU tax number is provided). I was able to associate a product with a different tax class.....so A and C seem to work. I guess what I am asking is, is whether it is possible to have the EU tax plugin to be only active in C.

Second question....the format of the tax number...is that with or without country code? If a country code is added, then it crashes.

Kind regards,

Alain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 5 months ago #154775 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic tax
Hello Alain,

Thank you for submitting the question here. I read it. However, I need to check the current your settings first. Please go to our ticket system at joomdonation.com/support-tickets.html to submit new ticket to EShop category to send me the super admin account to your site there so I can help you.

Hope to receive ticket from you soon.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong