Use Case - downloadable ebook

• jeffhoneyager
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 3 days ago #160964 by jeffhoneyager
Use Case - downloadable ebook was created by jeffhoneyager
I have a category called eBooks - I want these to be downloadable after purchase.

How do I do that - I thought I did, but the customer page shows no downloads.

Better...  How about a series of Use Cases in the FAQs or Documentation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #162074 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Use Case - downloadable ebook
Hi jeffhoneyager

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or if I am misunderstanding you but I picked up on a similar thread post a few months ago that I link to here: joomdonation.com/forum/eshop-general-dis...lsewhere.html#155948

Giang created me a great feature a few years ago now where I can add a URL to a separate online storage solution like Amazon S3 etc that i keep all my downloadable products on that can cope with file size storage better than my website and host.

Another customer was looking for something similar and I directed her to contact Giang. Maybe you would be interested in something like this too.

Apologies if I have misunderstood you and wasted your time sending you down a path that is not for you though.

I am just hopefully getting Giang to update the function since we upgraded to PHP 8 and thought I would reply to you.

All the best and good luck with any solution

Cheers

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giang Dinh Truong

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 4 days ago #162427 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Use Case - downloadable ebook
Hello jeffhoneyager,

If you want to use EShop to sell the downloadable ebook, then it is possible. Please read about how to setup downloadable products here eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/downloads

After customers purchased and paid for a downloadable products, they received the notification email with link to download or access to Customer page of EShop to download the products from there.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong