Options On a product

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #164386 by Wynand Louw
Options On a product was created by Wynand Louw
I have Canvas Prints of various sizes for a specific artwork. The same artwork will then have three or four sizes costing different prices.

I am trying to only use the Options tab when setting up the products so that the Main price on the Data Tab does not show but you select the price from the three options only.

For the picture, I have three print sizes, A3, A4 and A5 each with their individual price. However, the programme looks for a base price and then adds the different options to that price. I cannot make my base price Zero, because the client then wants the item for free. It seems my only option is then to have Picture 1-A3, Picture 1-A4 and Picture 1-A5 as three separate products unless there is a different way to handle this challenge.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Wynand Louw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164390 by Joshua Liow
Replied by Joshua Liow on topic Options On a product
> Go to Data tab of the product and put price as 0 (zero)
> Then go to the option and set the price individually for different price sizes. For example A3 = +$299.00, A4 = +$239.00, A5 = +$99.00

With this setting, it will show 0.00 as the base price, and if you select any option, it will increase the price by the set value. Hope it helps!

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164400 by Wynand Louw
Replied by Wynand Louw on topic Options On a product
Thanks, Joshua
I have done that, but the client is not happy with the base price showing as Zero. It might create the impression with the buyer that it is free.

Think my solution would be to create three different codes for the same item for different sizes.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #164562 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Options On a product
Hello Wynand,

Thank you for submitting the question here. Why don't you put the base price of product and add additional price of product options value to add the price to base price?

Sincerely, Giang

• Wynand Louw
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
2 months 1 week ago #164577 by Wynand Louw
Replied by Wynand Louw on topic Options On a product
Giang

I am still thinking about that one. Which one forms the base? If it is A4 and your other option is A5 it means that you have to decrease the base. The other issue is that the shipping costs on each of these products differ too because of the different volumetrics.

I have not given up on possibilities, but it is s slight challenge. If I could find a way for the specific category not to display the price but only display the additional options, then that would be the winner.

Unfortunately, that is not possible at the moment, unless such a change option is made on a category level such for example art category, since it is different to the way the books category is structured.

Do you think that might be possible in future development?

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong