Specify Category To Relate Product

• Marshall Jambe
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 1 week ago #165482 by Marshall Jambe
Specify Category To Relate Product was created by Marshall Jambe
Hi support,

I have categories and sub-categories in my store. As such, a product can belong to a category and multiple subcategories. For example, a "Toyota Hilux" pickup for sale belongs to the Main Category "Vehicles", then Additional Categories "For Sale" and "Pickups". On different pages of my website, I need it to relate to other products of the "Vehicles" category only, then "For Sale" category only, then "Pickups" category only.
If I turn on "Relate product to category", the product will relate to all the products in the categories "Vehicles", "For Sale", and "Pickups". It will literally relate to everything in the store, which won't make sense at all. Can you make it possible for us to actually specify or select the actual or only category or categories to relate the product to, under "Relate product to category".

Regards,
Marshall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 1 week ago #165491 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Specify Category To Relate Product
Dear Marshall,

Thank you for submitting the question here. Regarding your question: It is not supported now. However, if you want to have that feature, I maybe consider to implement it for you as a custom work.

Please communicate with me via ticket system so I can help you.

Sincerely, Giang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong