Transferring coupons to another user

• Brian Hammond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46015 by Brian Hammond
Transferring coupons to another user was created by Brian Hammond
Hi, I purchased and installed eShop and love it! :) What I would like to do is quite complex for some products and would like your input.
A teacher purchases 5 programs. Each month the teacher on-sells a program to a student, only the students products are on the same website. I need to track when a student purchases a product from a specific teacher and reduce that teachers stock by one.
My thought was to use vouchers or coupons so that when a teacher on-sells a program they provide a voucher to the student who can then purchase the appropriate program. Do you think this is possible? Can it reduce the Teachers stock?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #46016 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Transferring coupons to another user
Hello Brian,

Thank you for purchasing and using our EShop extension. I am a bit confused about how you want to sell the products on your site. Normally, admin will sell the products to the customer of site. What I was confused is: You say teachers purchase products, then student purchase product from teacher!!!

Can you explain more about how your site works? Once it is clear, I will find the solution for what you want.
Sincerely, Giang

• Brian Hammond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46017 by Brian Hammond
Replied by Brian Hammond on topic Transferring coupons to another user
Hello Giang,
Thanks for trying to understand, this is not a simple problem.
Teachers purchase products in bulk. However, the product is actually a digital download that they purchase to pass on to a student when they sign up a student. It is actually the student that then logs on to the site to view the digital download which the teacher has purchased on their behalf.
I need to prevent the student from viewing all downloads so I am using user groups with different levels of permissions.
That is another question I have: When a teacher purchases a product can we automatically change their user permissions through eShop?
I hope this makes it clearer,
Brian

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #46018 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Brian,

Thank you for explaining more about the problem. I can understand more about what you want now.
So teachers will purchase products in bulk, then they will assign/pass product to students. You want a student can only be able to download his own product which is assigned by teacher. Correct?

With EShop, if a teacher purchase 5 products, then when he logged in and go to Downloads section on the front-end side, they will be able to download all of these 5 products. There is no function to assign download for student now. May that this will require to develop it as a custom work if you want. It is a bit complex and outstanding feature.

If you want me to develop it, then I will give you some more questions so we can find the solution.
Please let me know.

Sincerely, Giang

• Brian Hammond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46021 by Brian Hammond
Hello Giang,
Yes, further development is the right solution as far as I can see. I am happy to answer any questions.
Kind regards,
Brian

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #46076 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Brian,
There are a few questions:

1. Do you need a teacher to manager his students?
2. Does each student need an account to log-in to the site?
3. How does the teacher to assign downloadable products from his orders to student?

We need to think about how it should work. Also, you should use EShop to understand about current features related to Downloads.
I will try to give you a right solution.
Sincerely, Giang

• Brian Hammond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46160 by Brian Hammond
Hi Giang,
Thank you for your questions, here are my answers:
1. No. The teacher will provide us with the student information via web form (Name, email, Lesson ID). We will then create the student accountant send a password and set User Security Level.
2. Yes. Can this be automated (see Q1)?
3. See Q1.

First priority, however, is to set teacher Security Level. The teacher has to create an account before they can start purchasing any Lessons. When they buy a lesson I would like the Security Level for the teacher to be changed immediately so that they can download their lessons immediately. Can this be achieved?
Kind regards,
Brian

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #46172 by Giang Dinh Truong
Dear Brian,
Thank you for your answers.

1. I am confused about "Security Level". All customers want to checkout the products must register/log-in first and yes, EShop supports this. Customer after register, they will be registered user in Joomla. So I don't know what did you means for "Security Level".

2. All customers after completed their order, they can access to the Downloads section on the site to download their lessons of completed order immediately. We don't need to change Security Level or anything else. Just need order is marked as completed, then they can download products/lessons immediately.

3. If admin of site will create student account, then how can a student download the lesson? Is there any relationship between teacher and students?

That are what I am confused. Please read and explain carefully. I hope that we can find a solution for the things that you want.
Sincerely, Giang

• Brian Hammond
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46174 by Brian Hammond
Hi Giang,

Sorry about the confusion, this is a very different site of me to create and the shopping experience is very unusual, I know :-)

We are using the shopping cart more like a membership access point. The product purchased will change the membership access. So when I say a purchase changes the security permissions I mean the purchase triggers a change in the user group in Joomla. This way the teacher can access more (and sometimes less) video content. This site will offer access to 100 videos and we want some teachers to access all of them, some to access one third of them. So the purchase need to automatically set their user group to allow / deny access.

I hope this helps,

Brian

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #46175 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi again Brian,
Thank you for continuing to explain to me on that. Then why don't you use the our Membership Pro extension instead of EShop? We have Membership Pro extension which may be good for you to setup a site like this.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong