PayPal fees settings

More
8 years 3 months ago #75002 by Brian Lisle
Replied by Brian Lisle on topic PayPal fees settings
Actually, this is what I consider a calculation error on the part of the component - however, Tuan says that is the way it should be. Personally, I disagree - as you noticed, you are being shorted on the money received as the component is calculating the paypal fee based on the total, not the total that you want to receive.
See this thread - joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro/47...ing-proper-fees.html
There is a code edit you'll have to do to get it to calculate correctly that Tuan gave me - this has to be done for each component of theirs that you have each time you update. (I have both events booking and membership pro) It's not difficult to do, if the code for eshop is different I am sure Giang can help.
I am glad you noticed this and I hope others notice and chime in so the devs will make this a permanent change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giang Dinh Truong, Glenn Westfall, Davide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Glenn Westfall
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #75101 by Glenn Westfall
Replied by Glenn Westfall on topic PayPal fees settings
Perfect, thanks for the info Brian. I will update the code. It would be nice if the developers made this a permanent change. The point of adding the PayPal fees is so the total cost of the fees gets passed to the customer, not just the majority of the fees. Bummer we have to make this code change every time the component is updated, but I'm glad to see there is a way to do it.

Thanks again!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #75168 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic PayPal fees settings
Dear all,

A great news for you guys, I updated the source code to calculate the payment fee for PayPal in a correct formula as following:

1. With PayPal:
Payment Fee = [SubTotal + Payment Fee (Fixed amount)] / [1 - Payment Fee (Percentage) / 100] - SubTotal

2. With other payment plugins:
Payment Fee = Payment Fee (Fixed amount) + Payment Fee (Percentage) * SubTotal / 100

Let's update EShop to latest version 2.0.0 to have that feature.
Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Lisle

More
8 years 3 months ago #75281 by Brian Lisle
Replied by Brian Lisle on topic PayPal fees settings
Awesome! Now if we could get that as a permanent change on Membership Pro and Events Booking, that would be great! (Maybe you could talk to Tuan about that?)

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #75378 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic PayPal fees settings
OK Brian!

I will talk to Tuan about that. Hope that he will implement it soon.

Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Lisle

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong