Allow Reorder option does not prevent reorder.

• David
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #71635 by David
Hello Giang

I am using EShop 1.4.2. In the System->Configuration->Option page, under Checkout, I have Allow Re Order set to 'no'. But users are still able to order the same products again. In our case we do not want them to be able to order the same Items a second time. How can we prevent this?

Thanks for your assistance.
David Goodwin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #71652 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Allow Reorder option does not prevent reorder.
Hello David,

The Re Order that you were saying about is to allow customer to Re Order their order. So if they go to Order History, they can click on Re Order button on each order to re order that order. It is not related to order the same products again as you want.

Sincerely, Giang

• David
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #71692 by David
Thank you Giang. I had not considered the reorder option is only for the order history page.

We sell downloadable educational audio and video mostly. Normally our customers do not need to reorder the same thing twice. I think that they sometimes get impatient and hit the back button after submitting the payment. Almost always it occurs when they pay with credit card. Preventing the ordering of the same thing again within 10 or 15 minutes would be a nice feature.

Thank You
David

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #71717 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Allow Reorder option does not prevent reorder.
Hello David,

I am sorry but this is an outstanding feature and it is not supported by EShop. If you want to have it, I will consider to do it for you as a custom work.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong