Assign Product to Default Category for Search

More
8 years 3 months ago #76055 by PLP
Hello,
I was wondering. If you have 1 product assigned to 2 categories, is there a way to show which one is displayed in the product search? For example, on our site ( preformed.com/newsite/index.php ) if you do a product search for "SWAN-FLIGHTâ„¢ Diverter", the product appears in the small search drop down menu but when you click on it, it takes you to the "communications" category ( preformed.com/newsite/index.php/communic...swan-flight-diverter ). However, this same product is also assigned to the "energy" category ( preformed.com/newsite/index.php/energy/d...swan-flight-diverter ) and we would prefer that the search result takes you to the product in the "energy" section instead.

Is there a way to control which version gets displayed in the search result? The only workaround I could think of would be to actually have 2 instances of the product (one in energy and another one in communications), but then both would show up in the search result which might be kind of confusing to people.

Thank you!
Lauren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #76376 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Assign Product to Default Category for Search
Hello Lauren,

I am sorry but this is possible now. In the future, I will improve EShop to assign a product to main category and this category will be used any where: search, products list, etc.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 2 months ago #77092 by PLP
Hi Giang,

As an alternate to this, is there a way to disable a product from showing up in the product search somehow? Thanks!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #77267 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Assign Product to Default Category for Search
Hello Lauren,

I am sorry but this is impossible. If a product is published and meet the search requirements, then it will be displayed in the search result.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 2 months ago #77328 by PLP
OK thanks Giang. I was wondering, would you be willing to add this feature to an update to eShop if we could pay you? Either solution would work, whether it's the ability to disable products from showing in the search OR the ability to assign a product to a default category so when you search you are taken to the product in that category. If you could work to build this into an update, what would you charge? And how long might it take? It might be something we'd be willing to invest in if it's something you would be able to turn for us within the next week or two.

Thanks again so much for all of your speedy replies!
Lauren

More
8 years 2 months ago #77677 by PLP
Hi Giang, I just wanted to check and make sure you saw my last reply and maybe give me a number on what it might cost to integrate one of those options for us? THANK YOU!!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #77933 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Lauren,

Please following up the ticket to get this done.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong