Adding modules to the Product detailed view

• Andras
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #79252 by Andras
Hello, i was trying to ask some help from the support team, but they could not give me a right answer so im still struggling that's why im asking now from you guys if you have some experience with this.
I would like to add some modules to my product detailed page. I know that if I add a menu item which points directly to a product i can assign modules there as a menu. But what if i do not add the product to the menu ? How can i place a module to my product details view page without adding the product to the menu ? Because we are going to have more then 3000 products .... so it would be primitive to add all products to the menu. Any idea ? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #79261 by Davide
Replied by Davide on topic Adding modules to the Product detailed view
You can edit product details php file and add the module position. I suggested this feature in the past without success:

joomdonation.com/forum/features-suggesti...ide-eshop.html#67514

You need to apply the edit code every time you update Eshop or you need to use template override. You need to apply the module to all pages of the site and use a module position name specific for product details so module appears only in this page

:)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Davide.

• Andras
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #79279 by Andras
Replied by Andras on topic Adding modules to the Product detailed view
Thanks a lot, i was thinking the same, but i could not load the module until now. That code above works, module loads.
The thing is that i would like to have the right sidebar on the product details view, this module shows up in the bottom of the page. I have seen that there are more blocks in the template (no-sidebar.php, one-sidebar-right.php, two-sidebar-left.php, etc. ). How can i load this newly created module exactly in the right sidebar position?
Actually i would like to have exactly the same view like this, thats why i need this module instead of the right sidebar.
eshoptemplates.com/fashionpro/men/men-s-...easy-iron-shirt.html

Thank You.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Andras.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #79305 by Davide
Replied by Davide on topic Adding modules to the Product detailed view
Sorry I don't have that template so I can't help specifically. Find in your HTML the exact point and search this point in template files. It seems that there are different file for different layout, I suppose that one-sidebar-right.php is the correct file to edit. Module appears in the exact point of the code you put the code I give you. Try to insert the code and see on the site where the module appears :)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Davide.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #79359 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Adding modules to the Product detailed view
Hope that you can find a solution here!

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #80553 by techer
Replied by techer on topic Adding modules to the Product detailed view

Andras wrote: I would like to add some modules to my product detailed page.

Advanced Module Manager is your way to go. It has the option to enter (part of) the URLs to match. So in your case if "product-name" is part of the URL then a specific module show (on sidebar or anywhere you set it).

EShop because is the best Joomla e-commerce.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by techer.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #80631 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Adding modules to the Product detailed view
Hope that this is a solution. Let's give it a try Andras!
Thank you Techer!

• Andras
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #80653 by Andras
Replied by Andras on topic Adding modules to the Product detailed view
Thank you. Definitely i will try out.
Current solution was that i have modified the product page and category page files, hiding modules there by CSS. The problem with this is that im able to do this if the modules are in the same side. For example if i want to show some modules in sidebar1 on category page and some modules in sidebar2 on product page is it not possible. Thanks again, hope this module manager is going to solve this issue.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 week ago #80849 by Giang Dinh Truong
OK Andras,

Something is from Joomla modules and they can not be handle by EShop. Anyway, I hope that you can find the solution for what you want.

Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 1 week ago #81210 by Peter
The Advanced Module Manager works perfectly for this.
And the free version has enough options to do the job.

Regards, Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giang Dinh Truong, techer

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong