Product available only with a code

More
7 years 11 months ago #82198 by Tilen
Product available only with a code was created by Tilen
Hi!

First of all I need to tell you that the job you have done is really great and that the component works like a charm. It is really a pleasure to set up a store with all the thoughts you put in it :)
I have a small question regarding the possibility to make a product available to order only if the costumer fills out a "box" with a certain code. This means that the product is visible to all visitors, yet only the ones with the code will be able to place it in the shopping cart.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #82265 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Product available only with a code
Hello Tilen,

Thank you for using and loving the EShop. Regarding your question, I think you can use an option with type is Text, then assign it to all of products in your store. Customer must enter value for that option into a text box before being able to add product to the cart. Please read more about product options here: eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/products#product-options

I am not sure 100% if it meet your requirement or not. If not, please explain more so I can find a solution and suggest you.

Sincerely, Giang

More
7 years 11 months ago #82276 by Tilen
Replied by Tilen on topic Product available only with a code
Hello!

Thank you for your reply and help. I figured out what you mean - so yes this is in the right direction. The only problem now is that the text can only be accepted if it ok (correct) - So I give a code to someone and only if he knows the code he can add the product...

Here is a link: mp-molds.com/jshop/index.php/e-shop/came...rs/canon-20d-digital

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #82470 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Product available only with a code
Hello Tilen,

I understand that but this is an outstanding feature and it is not supported by our extension now.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong