Filter Module needs a Drop-Down List Option!

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #93030 by charles
I tried the new Filter Module but when you have a large number of categories and brands the module turns into a mess and takes up half of the page. But with a Drop Down List option a user would be able to click on the button and scroll down without any problems.

Most Filter Module have this option but when I checked the Eshop Filter Module there was no option in setup. So I had to disable the module because with 26 different categories and large number of brands the Filter Module expanded all the way down the page. If you have 3 to 6 categories the module works perfect but most people have more than 3 to 6... So it would be nice to have this Module Updated with an Drop Down List option so no matter how many categories or Manufacturers a person shop has the Module would open to a certain height and then a person would be able to scroll to the category or manufacturer they wanted.

Right now its unusable for anyone with a lot of Categories or Brands. Please fix...

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #93031 by charles
Replied by charles on topic Filter Module needs a Drop-Down List Option!
please take a look at your demo and you will see what I mean! You only have 3 Categories and only 6 brands and you are using a accordion setup. So when you click on the categories button is will open show all the categories. And if you have more than 3 like you do thats when the nightmare begins... It takes up all of the Sidebar position until you close it....Which makes the page looks bad!

Please add a Drop Down List Option

Again Thanks

More
7 years 3 months ago #93092 by Danijel Grozdek
Replied by Danijel Grozdek on topic Filter Module needs a Drop-Down List Option!
I agree. I had to redo all brands and remove those I had only few products of, which I still don't like.
Also I had to remove all attributes from all products, and rethink how not to clutter frontend with too much product info - which I don't like either.
A way to minimize space that module takes up would be nice.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #93709 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Filter Module needs a Drop-Down List Option!
Dear all,

Thank you for suggesting this. I can have option to make category in the dropdown list but I think there will be a problem with manufacturers. Because the filter module allow to choose multiple manufacturers to filter at the same time. If we put them into the dropdown list, then shopper can only choose one manufacturer at one time. How do you think?

Sincerely, Giang

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #93797 by charles
For now I think having people select one manufacturer will work! Once they set the other settings all they would have to do is select the brand they want one at a time. But having the module take up the whole sidebar module position will throw Eshop look off!

For me I have over 60 different brands and when I use the filter module my whole sidebar module position expand way beyond the product area so the dropdown list will work best.

Check out this link to see how they have their side menu setup. They are using an accordion type menu that allows people to make multi selections. And each area only expands to a certain height and by clicking + or - sign you can expand or close the Category, Brand, Color and Feature menu. Now if the Filter Module was like theirs it would be perfect!

www.wayfair.com/Bedroom-Sets-C46123.html

But for now the dropdown list will do....

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #93860 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Filter Module needs a Drop-Down List Option!
Hello Charles,

I have looked at it at www.wayfair.com/Bedroom-Sets-C46123.html , actually, it is not dropdown list. When the list is too long, we can add the scroll bar to the list so shopper must scroll mouse to see the brands.

If you want to have it works in the same way, please submit a new ticket to EShop category to send me the your site information so I can help you to implement.

Sincerely, Giang

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #93950 by charles
Yes I know its a scroll bar, I was just giving you another option to add with the Dropdown List. But either one will work. And it would be best if you added both option to your own Demo Website so users can see how it will look.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #93983 by Giang Dinh Truong
OK Charles!

I will take the time to improve the Filter module with these feature in the future.

Sincerely, Giang

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #94118 by charles
When you say in the future how long are we talking about? Right now I can not use the module because it was designed in the wrong way! And the demo is misleading... Especially if a enduser has more than 10 Categories or Brands. The Dropdown List or Scrollbox should have been used and the enduser should have an option to choose which one they wanted to use.

Sos it would be nice if these options could be added in the next update!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #94392 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Charles,

For now, please submit a new ticket to EShop category to send me the your site information so I can have a look at how it is displaying on your website, then I will try to implement it on your site first and I will update to EShop package on future updates.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong