Page Cache

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #105268 by Steven J
Page Cache was created by Steven J
With the System - Page Cache plugin enabled, neither the shopping cart page nor the mini cart in the shopping cart module properly shows what is in the cart (the pages render the cached version). Everything works fine once the plugin is disabled, but the speed of the site slows down. Is there a way around this that will allow the cart to work properly while page caching is enabled?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #105275 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Page Cache
Hello Steven,

I will check and resolve this in the future version of EShop.

Sincerely, Giang

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #105293 by Steven J
Replied by Steven J on topic Page Cache
Thank you, Giang! I will anxiously wait for it.

In the meantime, have you (or anyone) had any luck using any of the third party cache extensions (such as SpeedCache, Homepage Cache, JotCache) that are advertised as being a replacement for the standard Joomla System-Cache plugin and claim to allow individual pages and groups of pages (such as all eShop pages?) to be excluded from caching?

• Steven J
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #105301 by Steven J
Replied by Steven J on topic Page Cache
I installed and enabled the JotCache component and plugin. The “exclude url” tab of this component allows me to exclude all pages of the eShop component with one checkbox. The shopping cart and checkout pages seem to be working fine with JotCache enabled (and eShop excluded). I tested the speed of several other pages with and without this extension and these pages run about 33% faster with the component,

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong