Events Booking version 2.7.0 - 2.7.1 released

More
7 years 10 months ago #83233 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
Tuan

James is right, about the grammar in English. Like James I don't know about the grammar in other languages. That was never going to make it to my list of things to fix but as James points out the fix is very simple.

Calum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83299 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic small bug fix to correct a typo
I might be the only person who runs with the "show empty categories" on anyways. It is really a small detail, but I was in the file adding additional custom code and noticed it, so I thought I would point it out. Correctly used English is better than incorrectly used English -- and I put enough typos into things that my staff is regularly having to correct me. Assuming that English is the primary language people use EB for, it might be better to have it correct. Hopefully it doesn't cause trouble with other translations...

As a side note, it would be interesting to see what features people use and don't use. Maybe in a future edition, you could include an opt-in "anonymous usage/settings statistics" tracker. Then you could prioritize fixes and upgrades to areas that people use most, or add enhancements to less popular features in order to boost their usefulness and popularity.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83300 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released

Calum wrote: Tuan

James is right, about the grammar in English. Like James I don't know about the grammar in other languages. That was never going to make it to my list of things to fix but as James points out the fix is very simple.

Calum

I wasn't going to bother with it either until I saw that it was just a 2-character fix. There are other places where the English could be touched up as well, so it might be worth while to keep a running list of language & bug fixes that we can submit later for official inclusion. I want to help make a great product even greater :) What would be the best way to keep track of such a list... Shared Google Doc? Ongoing forum post? Thoughts?

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83305 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
I don't know how he could do it, but the best option would be a git repo and we contribute patches to it. The snag is how does Tuan restrict access to subscribers... although I'd bet if there were no packaged products that'd put a few off!

Or maybe there could be a GitHub to MemberPro API ;-)

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #83348 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
@Both: The English change was commited

@James: Do you use Github ? Could you register for a github account and I can add you to the Events Booking repo. Then you can made change or open issues with suggestion and we will discuss and implement it. Thanks for willing to help (@Calum has access to the repo already and helped with some changes)

Tuan

More
7 years 10 months ago #83356 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
Great update!

I have had to rewrite one of the events views to merge child events into the parent, so you have 1 description of the even and multiple dates, see this page ( www.inspiredcreations.uk.com/index.php/c...bookings/all-courses ) for a live demo of what i'm talking about. Does this update do this as it was difficult to tell by your screen shot?

More
7 years 10 months ago #83357 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released
Is the Event Booking system compatible with the new Paypal security requirements?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #83360 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Rob wrote: Great update!

I have had to rewrite one of the events views to merge child events into the parent, so you have 1 description of the even and multiple dates, see this page ( www.inspiredcreations.uk.com/index.php/c...bookings/all-courses ) for a live demo of what i'm talking about. Does this update do this as it was difficult to tell by your screen shot?

It is not the same. In the version 2.7.0, if an event has multiple dates, these dates will only be displayed on events detail page. It won't be displayed on event list page like in the code you customized

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #83361 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Rob wrote: Is the Event Booking system compatible with the new Paypal security requirements?

Yes, it does. No change to Events Booking is needed for now. We will have to change the IPN URL, but it will be in the future (June 2017). For now, Events Booking will still work well

Tuan

More
7 years 10 months ago #83363 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.7.0 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: @James: Do you use Github ? Could you register for a github account and I can add you to the Events Booking repo.

Thanks for the invite. I can be found on GitHub via my email address or username StThereseInstitute.