Multi-Session Events

More
10 years 8 months ago #34286 by Mike
Multi-Session Events was created by Mike
We run classes and have some that are several sessions. It would be great if we could use the recurring function to list the time and location for each session but charge one fee for the group. This would help ensure that people know the time and date for each session. Example is posted here
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCCtv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #35224 by Keith Revell
Replied by Keith Revell on topic Re: Multi-Session Events
I support this request. We run training courses that run on a Saturday over three consecutive weeks and we want to show our customers the actual days the course is run but register and charge as a single course. Recurring events is not suitable for this. Having a "Split Event" option would be great.

More
10 years 5 months ago #38374 by jolentes
Replied by jolentes on topic Re: Multi-Session Events
I also support this request since we offer training series.
We need one registration for all dates and charge an overall fee at once.

More
10 years 5 months ago #38487 by Kevin Anderson
Replied by Kevin Anderson on topic Re: Multi-Session Events
I support this request. We run training workshops at various locations throughout the state on different days. Our current registration form (not Event Booking on a non-Joomla site we are in the process of converting to Joomla) has one form for the workshop, but a field for the registrants to select the session (day & location) that they wish to attend.

More
10 years 5 months ago #38508 by jolentes
Replied by jolentes on topic Re: Multi-Session Events
Hi Kevin,
If I understood you correctly, you have the same event in maybe in 5 different locations and dates. So the registrants for each event will be different.
You can easily duplicate/copy an event you already entered and change date and location.
Otherwise it would be difficult to handle the registrants.

I think your request is a little bit different.
As I understand multi-session events a user subcribes to all sessions of the event at one time and pays an overall one-time fee.

BR,
Jörn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike, Kevin Anderson

More
10 years 1 month ago #42125 by SCCtv
Replied by SCCtv on topic Re: Multi-Session Events
We've got the same requirement, and if you have PHP abilities, it's not too terribly difficult to implement (if you don't mind altering the core code). i posted the general concept and a screenshot at this suggestion: joomdonation.com/61-features-wish-list/4...ons-suggestsion.html

We also have the requirement that a student only be allowed to attend a single session.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc