Recurring Events Rebuild

• Kelark
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #34323 by Kelark
Recurring Events Rebuild was created by Kelark
Hi,

I created recurring events and then I had wanted to change the end date. I selected update children events but it did not change the future events.

Next I deleted all future events edited the parent event and submitted but it would not recreate the children events. Eventually I had to delte the parent event and start over.

I think that two buttons on the event editor would be great.

Button 1 = Delete Children Events

Button 2 = Recreate Children Events (with the new changes)

Thanks,

Kelark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #48101 by Mitchell
Replied by Mitchell on topic Recurring Events Rebuild
There are several posts about child event updating. I love this component but this is a big problem. I had to edit some fields I added to Extra Information tab for a recurring event. Checking the update child events checkbox and saving only updates additional info fields for the parent event - so no child events were updated

So it appears that any edits to additional fields (or adding new fields) AFTER the parent event is created doesn't work and I have to recreate the whole event series again?

If this is the case, can you make this a priority with the next release because it is a fundamental function that a lot of users would like.

More
9 years 4 months ago #55027 by Phil Dotchon
Replied by Phil Dotchon on topic Recurring Events Rebuild
I agree, I use the recurring event feature a great deal and it is very frustrating to not be able to change various elements and be forced to delete and recreate the whole series, or end up editing the database manually. I really wish more focus was put on fixing these problems.

I recently upgraded in the hope that I could finally create new recurring events by copying existing ones, but this doesn't work. So I need to copy all the details from a bunch of existing events into new events manually. I really don't think these are big problems to solve, the logic is already in place and works, so it's just a case of fixing some little bugs as far as I can see.

regards,

-phil

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc