Single Event Sessions Suggestsion

More
10 years 1 month ago #42122 by SCCtv
Single Event Sessions Suggestsion was created by SCCtv
I love this component all around, and have had great success with it's core as well as the ease to modify it.

Among other things, we do New Student Orientations at colleges, but the principal applies to a lot of educational environments, so I thought I'd share what I'd come up with. it's still in the rough stage, but i think the concept is clear.

In our case, and in most educational "workshops", the same event is offered a few different times throughout the duration of the main event, such as a new Semester, a convention, or such. The challenge was that it was really only one eb_event, but had to have multiple "sessions", for which the students could only register once. EventBooking prevents multiple registrations for an event, but does not do so for "related" events,

To accomplish this, given a registration request for a parent or child event, i gathered up all the children AND the parent giving me a group of event IDs that i referred to as "family" IDs. If the user was in any of them, I declined the registration request. I added some language strings, and supporting logic to further direct them, but the attached screenshot pretty much sums up what the final product will be doing.

i hope it helps - I know that this condition exists in a lot of workshop/educational environments, so with the simplicity of adding it, I thought you'd find it interesting.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc