9 years 11 months ago #45654 by DavidB
Multiple Prices for one event was created by DavidB
Our events have 3 prices:

Member prices ($65)
Non-member price ($100)
At the door ($150)

How do we handle 3 prices?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Connie Richards, Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #45934 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic Multiple Prices for one event
I have the same issue. I thought of configuring a radio custom field with different fee values, and leaving the event without a price on it, but this gives me this on the registration results:

Price: $65 (plus extra $65 fee)

which makes it appear as though we're charging $130 total. I'd be okay with that solution if we could suppress the fee message in parentheses.

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #45935 by DavidB
Replied by DavidB on topic Multiple Prices for one event
The prices need to be tied to the ACL. If a person is not a member, they should not get member pricing.

In theory, one could have the event show up based on the ACL so that if you created an event for users who're in the Members Group they would see one price and those who're Guest/Public would see another price.

That would work but when you have very detailed events that would be a lot of data to duplicate and there is no "Copy" button to duplicate an event.

I'm willing to pay for a great deal of custom work and have written up two documents for Tuan, one for this and one for Membership Pro and this feature is in the document (along with read_only custom fields).

More
9 years 11 months ago #45989 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Multiple Prices for one event

Nick wrote: I have the same issue. I thought of configuring a radio custom field with different fee values, and leaving the event without a price on it, but this gives me this on the registration results:

Price: $65 (plus extra $65 fee)

which makes it appear as though we're charging $130 total. I'd be okay with that solution if we could suppress the fee message in parentheses.

Go to Events Booking -> Translation, you should find the text and can remove the (plus extra $65 fee) text (which is not needed).

Regards,

Tuan

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46046 by DavidB
I've put together a list of enhancements that we need for this and have asked Tuan for a quote.

Essentially, we have:
  1. Multiple pricing levels based on ACL (member, non-member, etc.)
  2. Read_only custom field so we can mark attendance
  3. Read_only custom field so we can define continuing education credits (for doctors, lawyers, accountants etc.)
  4. A field similar to emails for designing and storing attendance certificates.
The specs are attached if anyone would care to comment on them... I know the first two items have open request.

File Attachment:

File Name: EventsBook...ev2.docx
File Size:146 KB
Attachments:

More
9 years 10 months ago #46812 by Janet Pearson
Replied by Janet Pearson on topic Multiple Prices for one event
Pete, I'll also vote for this.
We absolutely need multiple prices based on ACL.
Being able to mark attendance is also critical if there are professional development points involved, and being able to include the points value against the event would be fabulous.
Certificates is an interesting one. We could probably use this if it was available.
I think this software has the potential to take on DT Register. Anything that has (DT's) rich functionality but with a clean simple UX interface will have people moving over to "Events Booking"
There is a big market in the "associations" sector for good clean functional events software. It would definitely need ACL based pricing to make it work.

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46843 by DavidB
Janet,

You're bang on with the purpose and market for this. Most of the membership and event extensions are designed for individual membership and individual event ticket sales. Associations, especially those with professional development programs (banking, stock brokerage, real estate, medicine, law, accounting etc.) tend to do things differently.

The certificates, or the thought behind it was this:
The user can run their own report (My Events) and see which events they've attended, how many professional development credits they've accrued and where needed, print a certificate for each event. In it's simplest form, the certificate could be designed just like any email with merge fields (just like the current Events Booking emails). It could have the event name, the event date, the event id and the awarded credits.

Most state licensing boards require license holders to renew their license every year or two and a part of that renewal is submitting proof of a certain number of professional development credits. The certificates would fulfill that requirement. The certificates enable the user/member to take care of this admin tasks all on their own.

More
9 years 10 months ago #46851 by Janet Pearson
Very interested to hear if Tuan is prepared to do the customisation.
We are currently evaluating this product for a project. If this is going ahead, I'd be prepared to contribute to this enhancement if events booking meets our other needs. I am desperately looking for an alternative to Jevents/DTregister for our association clients.
Would you mind keeping me posted on this?

• DavidB
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #46979 by DavidB
I've found a very kludgie way around the pricing... customer isn't happy with it but it is a work around.

More
9 years 10 months ago #46982 by Janet Pearson
Pete,

I'd love to hear from you on what you did here. Would you mind emailing me janet [at] technologymatters.com.au and we can continue the conversation. We have the same market for this software and we might be able to help each other in developing the add-ons we both need. I fear that Tuan and his team might be too busy to work on customisations given the conversations on some other threads. Ideally I'd like to see these developments go into the core so we don't need to keep patching upgrades with our own changes. That is such a costly time waster.
Do you mind shooting me an email?

Janet

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc