Payment link in email?

• davewee
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #59457 by davewee
Payment link in email? was created by davewee
Would it be possible to have a payment link sent in email, in case a user does not pay immediately? (Maybe there is that possibility and I can't find it...)

We have just used the component very successfully for our first event (thank you!) and this is something requested by registrants. Some were not able to pay immediately (had their credit card rejected at the time or whatever), some had selected Offline payment but later changed their minds and wanted to pay online, and some came to the event expecting to be able to pay by credit card on arrival. It would be great if the emails had a payment link, or if we could create a payment link that would take a user to the checkout for a previous unpaid registration rather than having to register again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #59535 by John David
Replied by John David on topic Payment link in email?
You should be able to depending on the payment method.

For example in PayPal
www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/get-started/a...uy-now-link-to-email

once you receive payment you could change the status through the BE.

John

info@tkd-events.com

• davewee
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #59537 by davewee
Replied by davewee on topic Payment link in email?
Not what I meant. I know how to add a generic payment link, but I'd like to see one in the registration email that links back to the cart checkout and allows a user to pay for a previous registration later (including the option of whatever online payments methods are available in the checkout.) This would then update the backend automatically, just as it would if a registrant had paid at the time. Since we already have all their registration details and the amount owing, it should be perfectly possible to do this by passing only the registration id in the link.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc