Register buttons in the upcoming events Module.

• Mike Holmes
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #61054 by Mike Holmes
It would be nice to be able to activate the register buttons in the upcoming events module.
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #61263 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Register buttons in the upcoming events Module.
I agree! -- It would be great to have this in the core release

I hacked something like this in on my website when I realized that it wasn't build in already... I just added it as a text link and not a big button however.

**EDIT**
At this point, my code just takes the user to the events detail page (same as clicking the event title) so that they can pick Individual or Group registration. In order to actually add real Individual / Group reg buttons, you'd have to check each event as to which reg options were allowed. You could then str_replace "view=event" -> "task=individual_registration" or "task=group_registration" and generate real registration buttons.
**END EDIT**

If you want to add it to your install, Mike, here's the code I used.
Edit /modules/mod_eb_events/tmpl/default.php. Look around line 55 +/- for the following code:
Code:
if ($showLocation && strlen($row->location_name)) { ?> <br /> <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=map&location_id='.$row->location_id.'&tmpl=component&format=html&Itemid='.$itemId); ?>" class="eb-colorbox-map"><?php echo $row->location_name ; ?></a> <?php } ?>
... and immediately after it, add the following:
Code:
<?php // BEGIN JAMES ADD **********************************?> <span class="event_reglink"><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_(EventbookingHelperRoute::getEventRoute($row->id, 0, $itemId)); ?>" class="eb_event_link event_date">Register/More info</a></span> <?php // END JAMES ADD ********************************** ?>
... then tweak your CSS to make it look however you want :)

On my site (with my custom styling applied -- www.st-t.ca/events for a live view), it produces this:

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by James Riley.

• Mike Holmes
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #61288 by Mike Holmes
Replied by Mike Holmes on topic Register buttons in the upcoming events Module.
Thanks James an elegant solution for temp. I think that I will wait for Tuan and company to put this in the core (if they decide to). My current solution is to add text to the home page asking the users to click on the name of the event to register, Keeps me from trying to remember where all the customizations go, also in our organization we are only allowed to belong for five years and I am finishing up year 4 and need to be able to hand the website over to the new webmaster after next year,

Thanks,

Mike

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc