Better/easier control of ORDER for CUSTOM FIELDS

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #61265 by James Riley
Would it be possible to add decimal support for the ordering of custom fields on a form? Eg. If I want my newly created field to appear between existing items 5 and 6, I would like to enter 5.5 and have it retain that value (at present, entering 5.5 -> save button will move the field into place, but the decimal is stripped off and 2 fields are assigned the Order value of 5, which makes it hard to move other fields into place in the same area). I tried setting the column in the DB to float (default is int), but it seems that EB must be stripping the decimal on save.
BUGS:
bug #1: if you enter a value into a row's Order field and press ENTER, the page reloads but your change is lost. You MUST click the save button at the top to save, which I often seem to forget. Is it possible to make ENTER save, or to disable reload on ENTER?
bug #2: Entering a currently-set number results in nothing updating upon saving (eg. enter 5, but 5 already exists for another row, nothing happens). Would be great if this would move the new row into row 6 and increment all the follow rows to the next number.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #61267 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Better/easier control of ORDER for CUSTOM FIELDS
bug #3: As documented, you MUST be sorted by ORDER in order to change ORDER. Is there any way to change this behavior so that users can just change the value regardless of what column the table is current sorted by?

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #61593 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Better/easier control of ORDER for CUSTOM FIELDS
bug #4: No easy way to get a new custom field to the top of the list. Would it be possible to add some sort of discreet move-to-top and move-to-bottom button or check-off-the-fields-you-want--->press-[to-top]-button ability?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc