Hidden Events Accessible by Private Link?

• Matthew Bourne
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #66736 by Matthew Bourne
Hidden Events Accessible by Private Link? was created by Matthew Bourne
Hidden Events Accessible by Private Link?

Does this exist - is it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84680 by Melissa
Replied by Melissa on topic Hidden Events Accessible by Private Link?
Did you ever get an answer? I'm just loading up some events which can be public, but I don't want them to be publicly available yet, and am hoping to produce a URL for the event without having to post it publicly. I'm not sure how to do that, or if it's possible.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84981 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Hidden Events Accessible by Private Link?
I don't see an option in the Event config for hidden events, only the ability to set the visibility based on user-level.
If you created a separate event category that you never displayed anywhere on your site for your hidden events, and then created a new menu with an item on it that links to that category, then you would be able to access that unlisted menu item and any events contained within via the alias url.
Eg:
Code:
Assuming you are using SEF urls: Create a new EB category called "unlisted events" Create a new menu named "hidden" Add an Event Booking -> Category List item, and select your "unlisted events" category. Call the item Unlisted Events (with alias unlisted-events) Now you can access the category by visiting http://YourSite.com/unlisted-events . You will be able to select an event from there, and copy that url for sending to people.

The drawback is that you can't show your users a listing of all available categories or all available events on your site. You *could* however make a code modification to not show events belonging to the "unlisted events" category or category id.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84984 by Melissa
Replied by Melissa on topic Hidden Events Accessible by Private Link?
I found a way. I created a new page that's not on any menus called "registration" and loaded it with the events {ebevent id} that I wanted.

Then I figured out the URL for that page. On my site, all my pages are like this: my site.com/14-pages/pageid-alias so I just erased the address after /14-pages/ and put in the page ID # & alias. Tested to ensure it worked. Then I emailed it to everyone I wanted to know about it.

It's working, as I've gotten registrations through this "unlisted" page.

If you wanted to do a single event on its own, just make a page just for that event and it would still follow the same process as above. It's a bit cumbersome, but it works.

Hope that helps,
Melissa

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc