Register Now, Pay Later

• JamiRae
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #74895 by JamiRae
Register Now, Pay Later was created by JamiRae
I work with a two different organizations that offer events. Both allow people to register first and pay later or pay at the time of registration.

Specifically, what I need to do is I have an event where we want to allow people to register and come back and pay later. As it appears to be set now, with Events Booking I can either have them pay right away online or do the offline payment. However if they choose offline payment then later want to come and pay online, I'd like them to be able to do that.

If there is a way for this to be set up either to integrate with the Payment Form component or some way so that they can come back later, open up their registration, see that it still needs to be paid, then select "pay now" and it will start the payment process for them to pay online. Or if this can integrate with then Payment Form so that the go to a payment form first then enter their invoice number (guess it will have to search for a valid one in the database) and be able to pay it and have it marked as paid on their registration.

Most of the attendees for one of my main events are government employees so they need to register then have their payments made by a person in their finance/account office later. If it could be set so that they can enter the invoice or some other id through Payment Form, make the payment online (via PayPal) then once payment is made, their registration would be marked as paid.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by JamiRae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fabiano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #75961 by zesharck
Replied by zesharck on topic Register Now, Pay Later
yes it is a good idea ! I will probably need it too.

More
8 years 3 months ago #76048 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Register Now, Pay Later
+1 for me to. We run into problems when people complete the registration form, but don't complete payment via PayPal, and then call us wanting to finish online but they can't, short of re-filling out the form and resubmitting again.

For offline-payment, a link could be shown on-screen and in the confirmation email.

For unsuceessful payment, an email reminder would be great, sent to the registrant xx minutes after they submit a registration with no / unsuccessful payment, which includes a link for making payment(s) and link for cancellation (which would only work if no payment has been made at all). The email should be user customizable, so that we can include offline-payment information too, eg phone & mailing address). If (optionally) a copy of this email could be sent to the event admin, then they can be made aware of the pending payment too and open further dialogue with the registrant if necessary.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 3 months ago #76053 by Brian Lisle
Replied by Brian Lisle on topic Register Now, Pay Later
+1 here as well... I really like the idea of the links for no / unsuccessful payments and the cancel link.. Great idea!

More
8 years 3 months ago #76150 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic Register Now, Pay Later
I also need this please!

More
8 years 2 months ago #76415 by Tristan Hardwick
Replied by Tristan Hardwick on topic Register Now, Pay Later
Hi

I really need this feature too, this would allow a invoice option for some courses, as i have clients that use an account for 30days to pay

More
8 years 2 months ago #76663 by Kathy
Replied by Kathy on topic Register Now, Pay Later
+1 here too. Just diagnosed a couple of cases of uncompleted Paypal transactions. And maybe one that was completed after the timeout (?).

More
8 years 1 month ago #79002 by Brian F
Replied by Brian F on topic Register Now, Pay Later
+1 for us too. And as mentioned, a way to email registrants with an outstanding payment a reminder to pay.

Thanks!

More
8 years 1 month ago #79331 by John David
Replied by John David on topic Register Now, Pay Later
The reminder email is what I have asked the group:

joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-fe...ng-registration.html

info@tkd-events.com

More
8 years 1 month ago #79333 by Roger D
Replied by Roger D on topic Register Now, Pay Later
+1 for complete checkout reminder notification

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc