Event-level control of [register] button names

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #77003 by James Riley
I need to be able to control the text that appears on the [Register as Individual] and [Register as Group] buttons at a per-event-level. Sometimes I use the group button for couples registration. Sometimes I use the individual button for ticket sales where a user can choose the number of tickets needed via a custom field. Most the time I want the default button names.
Joomla does this with the 'alternative read-more text' option in articles, which I often make use of on my site. (Maybe I'm just a control freak, but I want this in EB too :) ).

PS: I think I can write the code for this, including it in the Advanced Tab of the event, but would like to see if other would find it useful too so that we can ask for it can be added to the official distro.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by James Riley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77004 by Roger D
I was having to do the exact same thing just yesterday. I was thinking asking for more options at the category level, that being one of them. As the event options panel is already loaded, and virtually none at category level I thought be a better place and less overwhelming looking.

Sounds like that work for you, too and place those type of events in their own category for ease of house keeping? But, I could go for both ways :)

Roger

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #77005 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Event-level control of [register] button names
How about at both levels? The category level would not work for my events as I have events that NEED to be categorized together but also need individual button control.

In this model, the system-level "translation" default would be overridden by a category-level alternate, which would be overridden by an event-level alternate.

However, I just realized that this would only work for uni-lingual sites and not multi-lingual (unless support was built-in for multi-lingual somehow??? Maybe some kind of annoying-to-describe tagging where you enter the language_idt:alternate_button_text, 1 per line? Something like that *could* work.).

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77010 by Roger D
I've never had to do a multilingual site, & I doubt ever will. I have no idea what additional complications that creates.

But as I mentioned I could go for both options, however I have a feeling this is going to be very low on his list if at all lol

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #77011 by Roger D
What I would really love is the ability to create gift certificates. We already have coupons it would just be a matter of him adding a function to keep track of how much money is remaining on the coupon and then we could have both. I think that is a logical next function to the already existing coupon routine.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Roger D.

More
8 years 1 month ago #79189 by Eric Darling
Replied by Eric Darling on topic Event-level control of [register] button names
More customization of the Register button(s) is definitely a good idea. I would like to be able to change style on the buttons as well - to make them larger and/or different colors. People seem to find them difficult to see on our site.

• James Riley
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #79287 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Event-level control of [register] button names
The registration buttons use your template's (or Joomla's default if not template defined) .btn CSS class. If you're familiar with CSS, you can redefine the class in /media/com_eventbooking/assets/css/custom.css .

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by James Riley. Reason: slight revision, for clarity and accuracy

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc