Registration Status: Cancelled, Refunded, etc.

• Wonkoo Kim
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #82051 by Wonkoo Kim
Hi,

If a registrant cancelled an event registration, it would be wonderful if EB can tell who needs to be refunded or who was already refunded. The current EB does not tell it. So I would suggest the following feature in a future EB:

The Registration Status can change in two ways depending on pending or paid status:
1. Pending -> Cancelled (cancelled before paid)
2. Pending -> (Paid) -> Need Refund (Cancelled) -> Refunded (Cancelled)

Case 1 is for no refund case (free event or 100% discounted case, i.e. when no refund is necessary.)
Case 2 is only for non-free event case (when refund is necessary including pending with partial payment).
"Need Refund" and "Refunded" are a kind of cancelled state but described it in more detail.
"Need Refund" state is set by a registrant's cancellation, but "Refunded" state is set by an admin (i.e., an event manager user) after issuing a refund.

By this way, we can easily identify who already got a refund and who are still waiting for a refund by just looking at registrants list. However, without such feature, we have to look at a separate refund list.
Also, I wish to know the dates of registration status changes for every registrants. (registration dates, cancelled date, paid date, refunded date, etc.) This kind of information will help us in supporting registered users.

I hope to see the more flexible registration status feature in a future EB version.

Thank you so much for your excellent support and wonderful package.

Wonkoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fabiano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #85620 by Fabiano
I think it will be very helpful. It would be a great improvement and payment systems with automatic return would have more options to show the status of purchase

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc