Individual, groups, carts and ticket types

• Simon Shaw
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #85336 by Simon Shaw
Individual, groups, carts and ticket types was created by Simon Shaw
I've found it difficult to achieve what I would ideally want for different types of event and registration because of the global configuration settings.

For individual bookings I need different ticket types but only want an individual to select a single option (rather be able to select multiple types of tickets).

If I set up ticket types then group registrations are disabled and I need to be able to capture group member information at the time of booking.

I also want the functionality of an individual being able to book, as an individual onto a number of different events - but if I turn on the shopping cart this also disables the group registrations.

There seems to be a lot of overlap between the shopping cart and group registration processes but neither by themselves is quite what I need and I can only configure EB to have one or the other.....

So my proposal is to rationalise the purposes of individual, shopping cart and group registration and make this different from purchasing multiple tickets of different types.

Ideally, for me, this would mean that:
"individual registration" is just that - an individual registers, selecting a ticket type and gets just one ticket.
"add to cart" would also be primarily for individuals to book tickets of different types from different events - only having to enter their member details once (though maybe still with the option of changing the member details for each event booked).
"multiple tickets" might be allowed for particular events where member information is not so critical it would function as the current individual booking functions with multiple ticket types.
"group registration" would continue to function as is for a single event and would either allow the same ticket type to be used for each member (easiest to implement) or allow ticket type selection for each member booking.

I recognise that these proposals are not trivial but could be fairly easily achieved if there was a will to do so.......

The main changes would to have flags for each event to allow for "individual", "cart", "multiple" and "group" registrations (rather than the global setting choice between group and cart bookings and the current setting for individual, group or both), with separate buttons on the details view and of course the changes to the forms to reflect the different purposes and business logic.

I know that this is a big ask but I'm hoping that what I'm suggesting makes sense and is worthy of consideration?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Simon Shaw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc