• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #91715 by safeworld4women
Date of Event on top of Registration forms was created by safeworld4women
Hi
I have moved from RS Events Pro / Forms Pro because of the multi-currency facility in Events Booking
Also because I like the support you provide Tuan!
Anyway two simple things which would be very useful to implement.

On the Registration Forms to be able to show the date of the Event and also location.

See this screenshot of the exisiting Registration Page which we are currently using with RS Events..

Thanks

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by safeworld4women.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #91728 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Date of Event on top of Registration forms
I think you've got a great idea that I think I want on my site too :)

There... the code is written.

To implement it on your site, add the attached code (the server won't allow me to post it inline) into /components/com_eventbooking/view/register/tmpl/default.php and group.php.

EDIT:
[strike]For default.php, I added it after <h1 class="eb-page-heading"><?php echo $headerText; ?></h1>.
For group.php, I added it after <h1 class="eb-page-title"><?php echo $headerText; ?></h1> ;[/strike]
For both files, I added it after:
Code:
if (strlen($msg)) { ?> <div class="eb-message"><?php echo $msg ; ?></div> <?php }

I might try and rewrite the $msg code at some point to allow this to be included within that text, right after the Event Title tag.
Style accordingly with CSS. I've classed the surrounding <div>'s as .event_location and .event_date

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by James Riley. Reason: as noted in post

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #91732 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic Date of Event on top of Registration forms
James
Been following your threads!
Your site sttherese.ca/ Is beautiful!
Will experiment and reply here

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #91784 by safeworld4women
James
Thanks so much for your help
I managed to work out from your code how to add the 'end date' in as well
See screenshot!

very happy

Have a good day

Andrew

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by safeworld4women.

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #91788 by safeworld4women
Actually Tuan just replied to me on the main forum...

"Hi Andrew
You can show these information on registration form message. Go to Events Booking -> Emails & Messages, find the message Registration Form Message (Individual) (it is for individual registration), edit it, including the following tags to show the information you want:

[EVENT_TITLE]
[EVENT_DATE]
[EVENT_END_DATE]
[LOCATION_NAME]
[LOCATION]
[SHORT_DESCRIPTION]
[DESCRIPTION]

With these tags, I believe you can provide the enough information you want for your registrants

Tuan "

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #91793 by safeworld4women
James
Just told Tuan wht you did!
He said to thank you for your assistance!
I am actually using your code because it is a little cleaner than what is outputted if using the code provided by Tuan on the registration form.

Andrew

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #91795 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Date of Event on top of Registration forms
Glad I could help. As you'll see on my post on the General forum ( joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...ion-forms.html#91794 ), I actually switched to using the tags instead of the code mod after Tuan pointed out that the tags, although undocumented, work in the Reg Message field. I posted my CSS code there too if you're interested (should work on both the tags and code-mod versions as I used the same div classes).

safeworld4women wrote: James: Been following your threads! Your site sttherese.ca/ Is beautiful!

Thanks. I think I sometimes spend a bit too much time fighting with code and CSS in order to make extensions and the template work how *I* want them to work, but glad to see that it is paying off in other people's minds :) Now I need to get more content on it!

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by James Riley.

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #91985 by safeworld4women
Hi James
Only just saw your reply.
Yes, I truly found your site lovely.
I completely understand what you mean about 'fighting with code and css'.
I mainly work helping small non-profits (unpaid!) with re-developing and managing their websites - this meant I suddenly had to teach myself WordPress 2 years ago!
So my head is permanenlt kettled switching between Joomla and Wordpress - sometimes 4 or 5 times a day!
Imagine!

Best

Andrew

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc