Up-coming Events Timeline layout

• angel villacorta
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #96390 by angel villacorta
Replied by angel villacorta on topic Up-coming Events Timeline layout
I need to click on the details button and open the details in the menu item EVENT CALENDAR on my site www.webnetideas.com/ivan2/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #96407 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Up-coming Events Timeline layout
I think I understand now. Do you mean that, for example, when the details button (and the registration buttons too) is clicked on your "coaching empresarial" event on the home page of your site, the user is taken to url:
www.webnetideas.com/ivan2/index.php/ component/eventbooking/eventos-coaching/coaching-empresarial

... but what you want is the routing to actually be to url:
www.webnetideas.com/ivan2/index.php /calendario-de-eventos/eventos-coaching/coaching-empresarial
so as to match up with the URLs of the "Calendario de eventos" menu item?

Joomla can be funny regarding url routing.
Looking at your site's code for your homepage, it looks like you are using "Plugin Include component version 1.13 by Mike Reumer", set to insert
Code:
index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=upcomingevents&layout=timeline&id=0 ...
into the body of an article.
The component's documentation says to use a non-seo link like what you're using... but what happens if you set the url that "Plugin Include Component" uses to
Code:
index.php/calendario-de-eventos or index.php/calendario-de-eventos?tmpl=component
instead? Maybe this would fix the URL routing problem?

You could also try installing Custom HTML Advanced (mentioned above) along with a great little extension called Module Anywhere ( extensions.joomla.org/extension/modules-anywhere/ ; it generates a module load position in the middle of an article that you can then make a module target and load into) and load index.php/calendario-de-eventos as an iFrame into that location.
I admit that iFrames aren't the best for this application because they typically want a defined width and height, but I was trying to think of a way that you could make the timeline view appear on your site 1) without writing a new module or 2) upcoming events view and 3) without knowing what you were trying to accomplish. Personally, I think that a new module layout like you requested would be best , but you might still end up with URL routing problems :( That would all be up to @Tuan and his development team.

The improved layout view of the upcoming events module is similar to the timeline view, and with a bit of PHP code customization you can include the Details button (see what I've done with the module in the right sidebar on my site at www.sttherese.ca/programs-events/upcoming-events ) and description (I have not added this in, but it would only be a few line of code to add it if you know how to work with PHP). I couldn't figure out how to code in working register buttons, so just made details button read "Register / More Info).

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by James Riley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc