Zapier

• Julian
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #125916 by Julian
Zapier was created by Julian
Hi everybody,

I saw that there was a Zapier-Request for another of your components already, and I would like to support it. Zapier is the largest Way to connect different Apps togehter, AcyMailing is already working on a connection and it would be great to be able to use a Zapier-Connection with JoomDonation also.

Let me shortly explain: Zapier offers a "connection-service". Each Connection is named a "Zap" and is separated in "trigger", "filters" and "actions".
A trigger can for example be a booking of a seminar. When this trigger is fired, the Zap can create "Actions" out of the data, for example create a Slack or new customer in a CRM or a Task on Trello to welcome the user by a phone-call. The Zap can transfer all neccecary data.

Zap has also some downsides. Well, only one downside: It is expensive. But however, the service is really, really usefull. And it would be great to be able to have a trigger by a subscription to a seminar. Please keep in mind: They have a very robust API so it should not be too much work to create a Zap for your components. As a bonus: You can create only one Zapier-App that handeles all of your components. ;)

All the best, Julian!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #125922 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Zapier
I'm using Zapier's mySQL "connection" to check my database for new EventBooking registrations and "zap" that record into my CRM. It works, but an actual official JoomDonation "connection" via the Zapier API would be way better (and more accessible for most users).
In addition, JoomDonation would get it's name listed in the "connections" list, which could drive more customers to their products too :)

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
7 months 1 week ago #160594 by Dave B
Replied by Dave B on topic Zapier
Zapier is a premier platform, and everyone is integrating with them. How can we get JoomDonation to add this integration?

Thank you

More
7 months 1 week ago #160595 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Zapier
Exactly what kind of integration you are talking about ? Do you have any documentation from Zapier for this integration ?

Tuan

More
7 months 1 week ago #160596 by Dave B
I am sorry, I am not sure how it works. I will have to find out if I can.

zapier.com/platform

More
7 months 1 week ago #160597 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

You should at least understand the platform and explain exactly how you want our products to integrate with Zapier

With saying a general thing like integrating with Zapier is very hard for us to understand the request and support it

Tuan

More
7 months 1 week ago #160598 by Dave B
My understanding of how it works is you simply create a way to input the fields or data from JoomDonation, and we pick the output platform and choose the mapping.

JoomDonation data > Zapier > 3rd Party Platform

So it would simply be all the things that are saved from a donation that can be mapped into Zapier which then can be sent to a platform of our choice. Google Sheets, LGL, Airtable, etc.

You mostly need to connect your extension to Zapier. It is not about what we want to integrate with. That's done in Zapier.

I was mostly looking to see if this was being considered.

Thank you for your reply

More
7 months 1 week ago #160599 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I would have to see how it could be integrated. Honestly, I don't understand how Zapier work yet (not sure if they give test developer account to allow reviewing their platform)

We will consider supporting it. But I could not promise. Need to spend time to understand that platform first

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc