• Alan Bennett
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 year 3 months ago #155876 by Alan Bennett
Zoom Integration was created by Alan Bennett
Two points:
- I note in the Zoom documentation that your method of integration will be deprecated this year:"The  JWT app type  will be deprecated June 1, 2023. We recommend that you create  Server-to-Server OAuth  or  OAuth  apps to replace the functionality of a JWT app in your account.If you are using a JWT app type for the Meeting SDK for Web, you should  migrate to an SDK app type  instead."

- Have you plans to change the integration to fall in line with the recommendations listed by Zoom?
- We use multiple Zoom accounts. Any chance of supporting multiple integration configurations by category or event instead of the single one in the plugin?

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #156876 by Geoffrey Smith
Replied by Geoffrey Smith on topic Zoom Integration
I am also interested in this as I have many events that are online zoom sessions

all we have is just this breath

More
11 months 4 days ago #158468 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Zoom Integration
Hi Alan

Hello

Today, I were able to update the plugin to work with the new authentication method requested by Zoom. As I don't have a paid zoom account for testing, it would be great if you can help testing and report the result back:

1. Download latest version of Events Booking from My Downloads section, upgrade it to your site

2. Follow instructions at developers.zoom.us/docs/internal-apps/#c...-to-server-oauth-app , create a new Server-to-Server OAuth app. Note that in step #5, you do not need to enable event subscriptions because we do not use webhooks for the integration

3. Disable original Zoom plugin

4. Enable new Zoom plugin. The new plugin is called Events Booking - Zoom App, it is a new plugin so that the old plugin will continue working until you replace it

5. Configure a test event and setup Zoom Settings inside the event

6. Try to register and publish the registration record. Make sure the registration is added to the meeting/webinar in zoom

7. Report the result back to us

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 months 4 days ago #158473 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Just for information, the documentation has been updated to reflect the new plugin integration eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/zoom-integration

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 months 4 days ago #158475 by Geoffrey Smith
Have followed the setup and created the sever app on zoom and created an event in zoom, see screenshot prnt.sc/dBLS75joXWfq

Have set up the plugin in joomla prnt.sc/e9akKfGnUcfN and prnt.sc/zz5ctjJj_RjZ

Have created and event and given it the zoom meeting id: prnt.sc/-7RGX-B8zW_V

Registered for the event and there is no zoom link in the email, nor, is there anything in the log file.

More
11 months 4 days ago #158481 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

I had a client confirmed that it is working well. So maybe something special here. Could you please submit a support ticket sending me:

1. Super admin account of your site

2. Tell me ID of your test registration record

I will try to trigger the process, check to see what's wrong and tell you the reason

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 months 4 days ago #158485 by Geoffrey Smith
I found the issue. It was the scopes for the Zoom app. Maybe you should indicate in the docs which scopes need to be included. I have included all the meeting and webinar scopes.

The plugin works fine, and I have now migrated it to my production site.

Once again, thanks for your super responsiveness.

Geoffrey

More
11 months 4 days ago #158486 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Geoffrey. I updated the documentation for that permissions/roles instructions

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc