A unique payment link that would allow registrations to be paid by someone else

• preflight
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #156668 by preflight
Similar to offline payments, but would allow the existing payment gateways to be used by a guest if they had the unique link generated by the registration.
This often comes up in commercial and government settings where a user needs to register but then have someone else pay online with a credit card.  The link could also be used by admins when taking credit card payments over the phone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #156669 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You can still use offline payment for registration in this case. Then on the offline payment email message, you can insert [PAYMENT_LINK] tag. That will generate links to allow him to send to someone else to complete payment for registration

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 year 1 month ago #156933 by Christina
I'd also be interested in this as a feature, not just as an offline payment as suggested. We run registrations that often have a child register for an event and their parent pays but run into issues matching up the payment when the parent has a different surname or email address, especially from Asian or Chinese families as similar or same surnames are used. For example if "John Doe" signs up and his parent "B Smith" pays and we have several "B Smiths" due to it being a common name. I have to search each PayPal reference number to each registration on the site to match them up, if its an offline payment its an even bigger nightmare.

More
1 year 1 month ago #156945 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Did you try [PAYMENT_LINK] tag as described above ?

Tuan

More
1 year 1 month ago #156956 by Christina
Not yet, I will do so for future registrations.

More
1 year 1 month ago #156965 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Christina. Please do that and let us know if you still have any questions or need assist

Regards,

Tuan

• preflight
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #157001 by preflight
Hi Tuan,

That works great.

I notice when the payment information shows via the payment link it shows without the tax breakdown. Could it show like in the original payment form?

More
1 year 1 month ago #157002 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry but that is not possible. That will only show the payment amount users has to pay, tax is already calculated in the original registration record. This form, only used to allow users to pay that amount only

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc