Custom Field Tags

• Christina
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #156934 by Christina
Custom Field Tags was created by Christina
Is it possible to create tags for Custom Fields? I have many custom fields as when requested to put an event up on the site each event organiser wants the field to be worded separately so when I go through the list to attach the field to the "depend on field" I have dozens with the same or similar names and its getting messy. 
Alternatively, if a field is set to an event could only those fields belonging to that event show up in the depend on dropdown?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #156943 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Field Tags
Sorry. I don't understand your question/requirement. Could you please explain more details about it ?

Tuan

• Christina
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #156959 by Christina
Replied by Christina on topic Custom Field Tags
In the depend on field in Custom Fields the drop down lists every single custom field created so is a long list to scroll through. Also some of the custom fields created have the same Title so show up more than once and it's hard to tell which one it is (This is due to event owners wanting a different type of field than already created).

I'd like a way to filter out the custom fields not required for that form, or for the depend on field dropdown to only show fields marked all events, or the name of the event. Would be ideal if they were in alphabetical order. I thought that perhaps using tags in the custom field would be a method for filtering. It could sit under the title field?

If I am still not making sense we can screenshare and I talk it through with you via Zoom?

More
1 year 1 month ago #156967 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
While I could not make it works as you described, I made it a bit easier by listing fields in the dropdown in alphabetical order of Title.

I also added ID of the field before the title so that you know exactly the field you choose in case multiple fields have same Title

You can access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package and upgrade to your site to use this little improvement

Regards,

Tuan

• Christina
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #156968 by Christina
That's awesome, thank you so much. I'll download and try it now

• Christina
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 month ago #156969 by Christina
Brilliant, thanks Tuan, this makes it much easier

More
1 year 1 month ago #156970 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Happy to hear that.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc