Events Booking buying a Membership Pro plan

• Robert and Karen
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #159716 by Robert and Karen
Events Booking buying a Membership Pro plan was created by Robert and Karen
Would like this feature for our club:

New public person sees our Introductory Course in Events Booking. They sign up for the event and pay the fee via PayPal. The event also comes with 3 months Probationary membership to the club.

Require Events Booking event to sign them up for the 3 months probationary membership in Membership Pro?

Thanks

Rob

Hello Rob

That would require developing a plugin to allow integrating Events Booking with Membership Pro. Basically, it should allow you when add/edit an event, you can choose a subscription plan in Membership Pro and if users register for that event, they will be subscribed automatically to the configured plan

Regards,

Tuan

Hi Tuan,

I think that it would have many uses, from people attending an event and being signed up for the scientific journal of the event spokes person for a set time period, with an opt in to continue to receive for a nominated fee as a permanent membership plan.

Or as we are using it, a training event, get a free 3mth membership, they like what they try and want to join the club and continue to learn the skill further with an upgrade to a full time membership plan.

I could see this working for various types of businesses:
Gym
Yoga studio
Archery Club
Cooking Classes

People sign up for a course or session, get another short membership free eg 2 weeks, month etc with option to upgrade in the free membership to a full time membership.

I am sure others could name more that this would work with.

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob

I guess it could be useful for some customers who use both Membership Pro and Events Booking on the site.

I will consider supporting it in next release

Regards,

Tuan

Hi Rob,
I think your question also throws up a bigger question for Tuan and Joomdonation Team is: should there be closer integration between Events Booking and Membership pro.

I don't know how many EB customers are also MP customers.  We certainly are , and we closely integrate Membership with discounts on our events. We have put some extra coding in (with the help of Tuan) to more closely integrate.

It would be interesting to hear what other customers would like about a closer integration of the 2 products.

Kind regards
David Unwin

Hi David,

Agree, we are trying to have a one stop for products where possible so a relationship with the vendor (Hi Tuan and Co.) can be made and support in both directions can occur, to build products that work smoother and have good flexibility.

Integration between the products that this team has created is integral to that future.

Regards
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159720 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking buying a Membership Pro plan
Hello

This is something we will try to support for in near future. I will update you as soon as it is implemented

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Carvalho

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159752 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Events Booking buying a Membership Pro plan
Rob/Tuan,
Our booking system integrates very closely with Membership Pro
We have different types of membership in Membership pro including
Individual- Adult, Senior, Student etc.
Group Membership: Families from 1Aduat and 1 child through to 2 adults and 4 children
These are all paid memberships lasting 1 year from April 1st through March 31st
We also have free memberships. When someone signs up on our site they automatically get a free membership which is a lifetime membership
When people pay for a membership we allocate them into a particular Joomla user group eg Adult membership would go into A1, Senior S1 and Student S2. For Family membership the Person who buys the ticket eg 1Adult 1 Child gets A1C1  a 2Adults 3 Children gets A2C3
When a membership expires all members go back to a Free Membership in our case this is Registered both in Joomla User group and Membership Pro the same name. 
So all our memberships are aligned with Joomla groups. 
On the Booking System Paid members are allowed 1 free ticket per event if they are Individual Members. A family member ticket gets free entry for every person in their family. So A1C1 gets 2 free tickets a A2C3 gets 5.... Hope you get the picture
The way we achieve this is by using EB Ticket types 
The ticket types are controlled by Joomla access.  So an A1C1 would see  the option for 2 tickets per event and an A2C3 would see option to get 5  tickets for the event
Screen shot shot shows this
It all works great except that Ticket types can only be set up at the event level so for every event we have to create a set of ticket types.  Luckily we have a lot of repeating events so we can set a number of the same events only once. But it is still time consuming.
What would be nice is to have a couple of 'Template' Ticket types which are filled in. Then you just call them for each of your events.
Another nice link would be to be able to link Ticket types to one or more Membership types rather than having to link to a singular Joomla group. Or if that could not be done, allowing more than one joomla group to allocated to a ticket type.
David
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159754 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The plugin which I planed to develop (and now have it implemented) just works simple that :

- When you add/edit an event, you can choose the subscription plans which registrants of that event will be subscribed to
- Then when users register for that event, they will be subscribed automatically to the selected plans

No more, no less . And I think that solves the requirement of the original request.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

• Robert and Karen
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159773 by Robert and Karen
Replied by Robert and Karen on topic Events Booking buying a Membership Pro plan
Hi Tuan,
Thank you that sounds like what is required.
Sorry for the delayed response, been away for a day.
How do we download the plugin so we can install it?
Regards
Rob

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159774 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Rob

Please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package of Events Booking, upgrade it to your site

Then follow the instructions at eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/auto-membership , configure the plugin and test it (I just wrote the documentation quickly)

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159779 by David Unwin
Replied by David Unwin on topic Events Booking buying a Membership Pro plan
Just a quick couple of questions.
1. I assume when the person first registers for an event and we have the plugin active, the user will have to enter things like username, email address and password?
2. I don't believe EasyProfile is available for Joomla 4 (unless it has been released in past few months). This was the reason we moved all our users to Membership Pro.
David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #159780 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

1. Yes. Or they will have to login before registering. Without associated user account, the system could not subscribe users to Membership Pro

2. For something like that, better open a separate topic instead of mixing it into this topic

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161389 by Richard Carvalho
Replied by Richard Carvalho on topic Events Booking buying a Membership Pro plan
Im looking for the option to offer discounts on our events and Eshop if they are members from Membership PRO.

They sign up for a membership and receive discount on our products and events in the other two components.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #161390 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Richard

I think you can try this approach :

1. Configure Membership Pro to assign subscribers to the user groups you want using Joomla Groups Plugin membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/joomla-groups-integration

2. Edit the event, look at Discount Settings tab, give the above user groups to receive discount amount you want using Members Discount setting

3. I guess Eshop should be the same. There should be a way to allow you to give certain user groups the disccount amount you want

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc