adding calendar in order to choose date instead of a list and adding sessions

• Dimitris Klagkos
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 2 days ago #161725 by Dimitris Klagkos
I've worked with events booking for a while now and I've compared it with other similar extensions (both in joomla and wordpress).
I think that it's the best one especially if you take into account the features/price combination. There are not many other extensions with all these features.

I do think there are a few things that can be improved though. Especially when "repeating" events are concerned.

A. The most important feature I would like to see, is a calendar, instead of a list for future events, when you have a repeating event.
If you have a daily event for a couple of weeks, or more, then the list becomes impossibly long and it's just not "right". Especially for the user. Switching that to a mini calendar so the use would choose the date from there, is important.
Something like the calendar attached.
That is the number one problem I've faced with repeating events and the biggest complaint I got from clients.

B. Adding an option for a secondary time within the same day for an even could also be useful.
What I mean is having an event that runs in the morning and also has another session in the evening.
Something like the attached image
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #162009 by Lionel
Hello,

I agree with Dimitris on this subject, in comparison with Vik Events, these 2 functions are sorely lacking.

I have the same problem, I have to define several repetitive events daily and the simple fact of being able to Authorize the choice of the day at the time of the reservation would be much easier of use than to seek in a long list.

As for the second point, it seems to me that you can already define several sessions per day!

A final point I'd like to submit would be to be able to display only parent events when a link is defined in the "Category - Columns Layout" menu, for example. 

Kind regards
Attachments:

• Dimitris Klagkos
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #162023 by Dimitris Klagkos
The list for event dates, helps if it's a single or two days event - or something like that.
But the moment you have a repeating event it just gets out of hand.
The attached image is just for 15 repeats - and that is not the full extend of the event, it's actually longer.

I think the only way to define another session within the same day, is to to create another event for the same date but different times.
I'm talking about something smoother that works only with the "parent" event. I'm not sure if it's possible the way the extension is built, but at the end of the day it's not that important.
I think the calendar for the repeating events is the most important feature lacking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #162069 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for your suggestions. I will think about it and see if it could be implemented with the structure of Events Booking

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc