Checkbox List - Custom Fields and Directions

• rjcaroff
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18150 by rjcaroff
I would like to add some directions for those using a checkbox list, but I can't get it to insert. Is that what it's supposed to do in the backend setting it up where you have:

Field Type
Display In
Directions

I added text in "directions" but nothing shows on the form. Should it be? Is there another way to add a text field there?

Thanks!
RJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18166 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Checkbox List - Custom Fields and Directions
Hi

Right now, the description of custom field is only used for managing purpose from back-end, it is not displayed in the front-end yet. I will consider adding support for displaying custom field description from front-end in the next release .

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 8 months ago #34460 by JasonsRace
Replied by JasonsRace on topic Re: Checkbox List - Custom Fields and Directions
Hi Tuan, was the ability to add the description to the front end ever introduced? I have a custom field that needs some explaining. It would be nice to show the description or a link to a pop up with the description. I am using version 1.4.4.

More
10 years 8 months ago #34544 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Checkbox List - Custom Fields and Directions
Hi Jason

That feature is only available in version 1.6.1. If you purchased the extension in less than one year, please login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version and upgrade it to your site to use that feature.

Also, please note that this version is only available for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc