Never prompted to enter group member details

• Debra Jones
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18855 by Debra Jones
Just recently purchased and installed Event Booking. In testing our setup, I've noticed that I am never prompted to enter group member information/details (even though I have quantities of 2 or more). I have Collect Member Information set to "Yes" in the Configuration settings. Please advise on what I'm doing wrong and how we can complete group registrations.

The site is located at ncimed.com (and it is the 2012 MED Week).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #18905 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Never prompted to enter group member details
Hi

Please go to Events Booking -> Configuration, find the config option Activate Shopping Cart feature, set it to No. After that, when you access to the event detail page, you will see Register (Group) option which allows you to connect information of all groups member.

Regards

Tuan

• Debra Jones
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18924 by Debra Jones
Replied by Debra Jones on topic Re: Never prompted to enter group member details
Thanks. Does this mean that you cannot use the shopping cart module AND do group registration? I really like the fact that users can see what is in their shopping cart.

• Debra Jones
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 8 months ago #18925 by Debra Jones
Replied by Debra Jones on topic Re: Never prompted to enter group member details
Also, if they do group registration, are they NOT allowed to sign up for multiple events? In the Configuration description for "Activate Shopping Cart" it says that "Yes" allows the user to register for more than one event. I was hoping to be able to allow them to register a group for multiple events. Is that possible?

More
11 years 8 months ago #18951 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Never prompted to enter group member details
Hi

The Group Registration and Shopping Cart feature doesn't work together. When you turn on shopping cart feature, the Group Registration will be disabled. That's because when you activate shopping cart, registrants can enter number of tickets they want to purchase for each event into quantity field, so no need for group registration options.

So :

1. If you want to collect members information in group registration, you need to turn off shopping cart feature.

2. If you want users to register for multiple events within one checkout, you can turn on shopping cart feature. However, if you do that, you won't be able to collect detail information of members .

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 5 months ago #38701 by Andrew
Hi, Any workaround with this in the new version?
Would still like to be able to have the shopping cart feature PLUS collect group member info.

One other request is that, are we able to set the shopping cart feature on one event and disable it on another? I would like to have one running event where I collect all the information and another where I just sell tickets

More
10 years 5 months ago #38769 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andrew

Unfortunately, both the features you are asking for are not available in the extension at the moment.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc