Remove non-custom fields from front end View List

More
11 years 2 months ago #26008 by Peter
The name is Peter, a complete new born in site building and EB.
Despite my embryonic status I've managed to get great results with EB though. Fantastic component!

But I have a bit of a question.
Is it possible to hide the fields "first name" , "last name" , " #registrants" and "register date" in the view list window.
Reason for this question is the privacy issue that can come up.

Furthermore I don't seem to be able to make it possible for registrants to modify their own data from the front end.
Possibly a setting, but I don't see it.

Joomla 2.5.7
EB 1.5.3

Regards,

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #26027 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Remove non-custom fields from front end View List

Is it possible to hide the fields "first name" , "last name" , " #registrants" and "register date" in the view list window.

=> You will need to edit the code alitle to hide the fields you don't want. Look at the file components/com_eventbooking/views/registrantlist/tmpl/default.php and you should be able to edit the code to meet your need.

Furthermore I don't seem to be able to make it possible for registrants to modify their own data from the front end.
Possibly a setting, but I don't see it.

=> You will need to create a menu item to link to registration history view of Events Booking. Users can then click on that menu item, see their registration record and edit it if he wants.

Tuan

More
11 years 2 months ago #26055 by Ed

Hi Peter,

If you are referring to the "View List" popup window, that can be configured to ONLY show that link to specified user groups. Example would be that only registered members assigned to the Administrator group could see the link and only when they are logged in. I had a similar concern and realized that the average "Registered" user, by default, does not have access to the list.

You can find settings for that in Components/Event Booking/Configuration/Options.

Regards,
Ed

More
10 years 3 months ago #41365 by Peter

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote:

=> You will need to edit the code alitle to hide the fields you don't want. Look at the file components/com_eventbooking/views/registrantlist/tmpl/default.php and you should be able to edit the code to meet your need.

Tuan

Came across this problem again last week Tuan.
Looked up default.php, found it but ,not beeing familiar with the stuff, didn't have the hart to edit it.
Would you mind doing it for me?
I'd like to have "first name" , "last name" and " #registrants" removed.

Regards,

Peter

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc