ver. 1.6.0 may create a security hole?

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #34187 by charles
I was reading your earlier post about some of the new features you plan to add to ver. 1.6.0, And what I am worried about is the registration option that will give people that sign up for an event the option to get placed into a Joomla Group!

For website owners that charge a membership fee this option will bypass their membership program and give a person an opportunity to registered for event and get a free membership! All I am seeking to do is have my members and guest registered for my event not signup for a membership plan!

A Event could cost $25.00 whereas 3 month membership could be $79.99 in which case I would end up losing over $50 each time someone uses Event Booking to registered for one of my events.

Can you tell how would I be able to disable the Group Placement Option you plan to add to Ver. 1.6.0 Event Book? Now if I had a free website or didn't charge for access to my system this option would be a good option to have, but for those of us that do charge a fee for access to our website would not be able to use your product or Event Booking!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #34188 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: ver. 1.6.0 may create a security hole?
Hi Charles

Don't worry. The plugin is optional and is disabled by default. If you don't want to use it, simply don't publish it :)

Regards,

Tuan

• charles
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #34213 by charles
Replied by charles on topic Re: ver. 1.6.0 may create a security hole?
Its nice to know its optional!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc