Event Booking - FrontEnd - Sort by Location

• Thilo Schnell
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #35266 by Thilo Schnell
Event Booking - FrontEnd - Sort by Location was created by Thilo Schnell
Hi,

is there a way to display events by location.

For example:

I have a few categories. In every category there a events in 4 different cities.

Is there a way i can display events in the Front-End from only one of these cities?

Or do i need to create categories for the cities itself ?
Like a category called "Stuttgart" or "Berlin".

I would like to avoid that - because it's somehow stupid when i already have the location-function besides the categories...

Greets,

Thilo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #35326 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Event Booking - FrontEnd - Sort by Location
Hi Thilo

Have you tried to use Locations module come with the extension ? That module display all available locations and then user can click on a location to view all events from that location ?

Tuan

• Thilo Schnell
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #35333 by Thilo Schnell
Replied by Thilo Schnell on topic Re: Event Booking - FrontEnd - Sort by Location
Hi Tuan,

thanks for your reply!
Yes - i tried that module - and it seems to be the right approach to the solution.

The point is in my case, that i have 5 to 7 kinds of events (each kind in its own category.)
And my customer wants to sort each of those different kinds of events by location.

So if i could add some code to the module, where i could chose a special category that would be perfect.

But on the other hand - i can have all that by creating sub-categories for each city inside each kind of event....
And i guess thats the easier way to do... right ?

Greets,

Thilo

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc