Require a 2nd Event Be Selected

• Mark Jensen
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #36884 by Mark Jensen
Require a 2nd Event Be Selected was created by Mark Jensen
I want to offer a lecture as a first event and require a field trip to be selected as a second event. Both events have to be selected in order to register. The user can't order and pay for the first event without selecting the second event as well. There can be multiple dates for the first or second event. There may be four lecture dates and four field trip dates. The user can mix and match the dates to suit their needs. The requirement is a field trip has to be selected along with the lecture. How would I create this requirement?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #36927 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Require a 2nd Event Be Selected
Hi Mark

Unfortunately, this feature is not supported in the extension. So you will need to find a different solution. As far as I can see, only DT Register extension supports this feature but you will have to be carefull if you decide to use DT Register. The reason is because we have many customers claim that DT Register support is not good and they have to move to use Events Booking

If you cannot use EB for this reason, you can submit a support ticket asking us for refund !

Tuan

• Mark Jensen
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #36944 by Mark Jensen
Replied by Mark Jensen on topic Re: Require a 2nd Event Be Selected
Tuan -

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your candor. Is it possible to add a custom field to the registration form and at least make the dates for the second event available? It would make it mandatory that the 2nd event be chosen but it would put the dates of the 2nd event in front of the user to be chosen.

Thanks

More
10 years 7 months ago #37059 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Require a 2nd Event Be Selected
Hi Mark

You can create a custom field, put the second event into that custom field, mark the field as required and It should solve the issue.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc