Duplicate event registrations

More
10 years 5 months ago #38732 by Glen
Duplicate event registrations was created by Glen
I an very new to this. I am wanting to create 2 events with separate registrations however cant seem to do so. I can get both event info pages up but once I try to take out a field which is not required in one event rego, it also takes it out of the other event rego.

Am I able to have 2 different event registration pages?

Thanks for your help & advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #38778 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Duplicate event registrations
Hi Glen

How did you take out the fields you don't want ? If you want to take out a field for one event only, just edit that event, look at Billing Fields settings tab, set that field to be not showed.

After that, it should work as expected .

Tuan

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #39077 by Glen
Replied by Glen on topic Re: Duplicate event registrations
G'day Tuan. Thanks for your reply. I didn't ask the right question, my apologies.Yes, the billing fields are fine. I actually have custom fields which I need to include in some events registration process, but not others. This is not a problem when I only have one event to register for, however the issue comes in when I have 2 events to register for. I go to custom fields, drop down box to the event and unpublish what I don't need and publish what I do need. This however changes the other event as well. Thanks again for your patience and advice.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Glen. Reason: inserted words to help clarify

More
10 years 4 months ago #39122 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Duplicate event registrations
Hi Glen

It seems you activate shopping cart feature (users can register for multiple events within one checkout), is that correct ? If so, I am afraid of it won't work because when you register for two different events and there is one custom field assigned to one event and not to other, how the determine whether to show that custom field or not ?

I think you can try to disable shopping cart feature and you will see that it is working as expected !

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc