Date field not showing in Eventbooking backend

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39696 by Matia
I would like to add some registrants by hand within Event booking, but when I go to Event booking->Registrants->New and fill in the first page of information, the second page does not show any option for my Birthday field. An image is attached. I currently have ", array('readonly' => 'true')" within fields.php line 1292 (renderDateTimeOutput) so people have to use the calendar icon and can't put in the date manually (this was causing formatting issues). But I tried removing the additional code and nothing changed. Any help please?!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #39708 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Date field not showing in Eventbooking backend
Hi Matia

The custom field will only appear when you edit the registration record. the reason is because when you press New button, the system won't know which event the registrant will be assigned to, and it won't be able to show the custom fields.

So please choose an event, enter necessary data, press save. After that, the custom fields will be displayed allow you to enter information of the registrant.

Hope it is clear now !

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #39715 by Matia
Please notice above where I said this occurs on the second page of information. The image is also from the second page of information. I filled out the first page with the generic information and choose the event, then the second page is supposed to allow for a date field. I added another test date field to verify it had nothing to do with the first custom field I created, and both date fields wouldn't allow me to change them. The image in my first post is what I saw (on the second page).
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Matia. Reason: image was in first post, NOT below.

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39771 by Matia
Looking through the code I think I've narrowed down the issue to the _renderDateTimeEdit function in helper/fields.php. The input field is of type hidden. The value field is also empty when viewing it with Firebug. I'm not entirely sure where the function is pulling all of its data, so I hope you can see the error :) Please let me know if this wasn't clear. Thanks!

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39772 by Matia
Nevermind about the empty value. That specific registrant didn't have that field filled out. It looks like the field is just not editable. I will check with my customer to see if he even needs it editable. If so, I will just make that field a text field instead of hidden. Thanks, I think I figured it out!

More
10 years 4 months ago #39789 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Date field not showing in Eventbooking backend
Hi Matia

We don't allow users to edit the value of the date time custom field because with the current Joomla API, if users enter a wrong value for the datetime, a fatal error will be thrown and it is not user friendly.

So if you really want customers to edit the value of these custom fields, please change it to Text field.

Regards,

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39820 by Matia
It would be the admin that would be allowed to change the date in the Joomla backend. He understands the date formatting for the db. I actually made the date fields read-only in the frontend so users couldn't put in the wrong format.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc