Template Override Files Location

More
10 years 4 months ago #39834 by cpro
Template Override Files Location was created by cpro
Hi Taun

I have tried looking through and following some of the instructions in the forums on copying the 'common' folder into my templates html location for modifying. There are only 5 files in there which do not cover all the changes I need to make to have this component fully integrated how I would like.

I am at a loss on how to get the other files/folders to work when placed in the template/html folder. For example, I had to change the Categories (components/com_eventbooking/views/categories/tmpl/default.php) H1 to H2 and remove some of the classes associated to the divs, but the change was made under the components/EB as the copied folder did not apply the changes from template/html location. Am I meant to change something to get this to work?

At the moment I'm hacking up the original core files to get things to look right... :blush:

Regards
Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #39916 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Template Override Files Location
Hi Daniel

I believe you are doing something wrong with the template override. EB uses Joomla MVC, so you can use template override to make the custom changes you want.

In this case, please submit a support ticket sending me admin and FTP account of your site. I will check and make sure the template override you do is correct (please note in the html folder of your site template, you don't need tmpl folder like in the views folder of component).

Tuan

More
10 years 4 months ago #39918 by cpro
Replied by cpro on topic Re: Template Override Files Location
Hi Tuan

Support ticket has been submitted under my other problem.
I have tried your instructions in the following manner and they have worked. Just spelling it out for any other newb like myself :)

copied event folder from
/components/com_eventbooking/views/event
to
/templates/myTemplate/html/com_eventbooking/event

moved default.php from
/templates/myTemplate/html/com_eventbooking/event/tmpl
to
/templates/myTemplate/html/com_eventbooking/event

made change in default.php file in template location and it worked.
Hopefully this can be of some help to anyone else that looks through the forums for this answer.

More
10 years 4 months ago #39922 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Template Override Files Location
Yeah, that's the correct way. Maybe it didn't work before because you still have tmpl foder in the html folder of your site template ?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc