Category Filter not working for sub categories

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39843 by Matia
Hello Tuan, I have noticed the Category filter within Eventbooking isn't searching the children too, just the main categories. How/where can this be fixed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #39911 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Category Filter not working for sub categories
Hi Matia

That's how it is designed to work. When users choose a category, only events from that selected category will be displayed, not events from sub-categories.

If you want the system to display events from both main and sub-categories, you can try to get this file, unzip it, upload to components/com_eventbooking/models folder (you are talking about the filter in the front-end, correct ?) and try again !

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:

More
10 years 4 months ago #39912 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Category Filter not working for sub categories
Please make sure you back-up the old file before uploading this new file as I don't know what version of Events Booking you are using. This modification is based on latest version of EB (1.6.2) code.

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39935 by Matia
The filter issue is in the backend. Do you have a code change for that?

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #39961 by Matia
I found that the backend uses /administrator/view/categories/tmpl/default.php to display the category page and use the filter. I could not however find an SQL statement (or something else...) that runs the filter and gathers the search results. I assumed I could just edit an SQL statement so it searches child categories also. Am I missing something, is there another page I should be looking at Tuan? Thanks!

More
10 years 4 months ago #40014 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Matia

I am afraid of it is difficult in this case. However, if you want, you can try to customize the code in administrator/components/com_eventbooking/model/categories.php . But it is difficult to customize it and I am afraid of you could not do it.

I will try to spend sometime tonight to try to work on it for you !

Tuan

• Matia
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #40053 by Matia
Don't worry about it, I will just tell my customer this component does not contain that functionality.

More
10 years 4 months ago #40106 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Matia. I will then consider adding support for it in the future release, should not be hard .

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc